Talk:Steam Web API
The API for GetGlobalAchievementPercentagesForApp gives invalid JSON (not detected by JSONLint however). There's an incorrectly encoded UTF-8 character at around character 21,290 of  (see ). This stops it being parsed by JSON libraries (for example, PHP's json_decode). Not sure what character, will stick to XML results for now unless that's affected too. --Rmasters 12:42, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- These errors are in the XML as well as the JSON for this request so I'll run through them.
- Line 1048, GetGlobalAchievementPercentagesForApp (xml) - Malformed XML
<achievement> <name> <achievement> <name>TF_SOLDIER_BUFF_TEAMMATES</name> <percent>3.999221</percent> </achievement>
- Line 872 - Strange name? Not a constant like the rest (non parser-breaking)
<achievement> <name>Sapador e punhalada</name> <percent>9.451244</percent> </achievement>
- Line 272 - Empty <name> (more likely a non-printable character)
<achievement> <name></name> <percent>19.812321</percent> </achievement>
- Also got this error but not sure what to do with it
Entity: line 1050: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xE6 0x4B 0x3C 0x2F
- --Rmasters 13:31, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
Steam Badges API?
Anyone got any news on wether or not an API will become available for the steam badges, trading cards and/or the player level/xp? --Roelof 07:26, 25 July 2013 (PDT)