From Valve Developer Community
Is there an IP singularity or something? --Alph Tech STUART 06:38, 18 Dec 2005 (PST)
- We need to make it harder to join the developer community, like having to confirm a piece text on an image before registering, and needing to respond to a mail that is sent to your address. So that we can spam their email accounts HOHOHOHOOHO!!!!!--Deadity 14:08, 10 Mar 2006 (PST)
Oh and giving blood samples.--Deadity 14:11, 10 Mar 2006 (PST)
- Wikipedia:Captcha or Wikipedia:Voight-Kampff machine - you decide! —Cargo Cult (info, talk) 14:14, 10 Mar 2006 (PST)
- These could do the job pretty good as well, I suppose!
- In case a spam-bot is found, just send some modded manhacks over who'll destroy everything nearby...
- Seriously: I took a look at the MediaWiki page and there seems to be no good way to block spam-bots without editing the Wiki-code itself. You can't even require email activtion... :/ --Vaarscha 14:36, 10 Mar 2006 (PST)
- Is there a way to limit to the number of lines that can be edited in one update? or maybe updates that are over lets say 10 lines at once, will require admin (or w/e it's called) auth?--RP 14:41, 10 Mar 2006 (PST)
- For now we can do the following: type phentermine in search to find a very typical spam that these violators use. Make sure to search in ALL threads.--Deadity 14:57, 10 Mar 2006 (PST)