Talk:Source SDK Known Issues
Issues with the Article itself
SDK_Does_Not_Compile_Under_Linux is no longer relevant after the 2006-08-14 SDK update.
Is it possible to add some of the 'SDK code issues' errors text in there, so a search engine could list this article? The MountAppFilesystem() error probably has a handful of people still looking for help. Hell, after 2 weeks of looking for help, I finally found an forum that had this article linked here. And scary is that I've been running through this Valve Developer Community since the start!
Bugs found after the November 2007 sdk update.
- Changing the SteamAppId to 215 in our mod seems to enable the new engine (version 7, build 2803) but HDR is not functional. building cubemaps you can see that there is no tonemapping going on and I have noticed that certain HDR related console commands are missing (eg tonemap control and mat_forcebloom)
- If your mod is using their own client.dll file its still using the old engine and the mods coders need to do their magic on it but I'm not a specialist on that matter tough :) but the hdr testmap worked fine in my sp mod --Bluestrike 07:06, 5 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- You must merge the new SDK source code into your mod's DLLs to expose the game hooks. Maps must be compiled with HDR too, but I'll assume you're already doing that. ;-) --TomEdwards 07:08, 5 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- Thanks for the help, im sure our coder is going to be very pleased about having to do that :P
The shortcut fix doesn't work for me. Hammer loads and everything appears to be fine, but all of my mod's materials aren't displayed properly. HL2 resources are displayed as normal. Edited, this is now working fine for me. -- Defrag 12:23, 12 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- What game is the SDK set to? --TomEdwards 07:58, 5 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- This Hammer shortcut method still works for me, for each game mode. --wisemx 08:06, 5 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- Doesn't work here. I get the "steam.dll not found" error message that occurs when using a standard shortcut; that is, right-clicking on hammer.exe -> create shortcut. --RDB 14:41, 5 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- OK, I've hit the problem and it's a bug when launching the tools with the new shortcut switches. I've added it as a bug. You'll have to launch through the GUI menu for now, or use wisemx's solution. --TomEdwards 08:26, 5 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- Can't find this page using the search box, are talk pages ignored by it? In that case should we make a dedicated page for all these bugs?
- At the bottom of the search results, uncheck main and check talk instead. --Pizzahut 09:57, 14 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- Creating maps and running them is failing from the launcher DLL not being found. Why can I not run maps anymore for any games?
As suggested, I have tried to add -allowdebug and -dev to the launch options, but it still crashes out with a "ding" sound and without any error box. But running the mod from run_mod.bat or from the shortcut created after pressing "Create Desktop shortcut" it start properly and doesn't throw any error.