Talk:Source SDK Bugs
"Extra App ID set to 211, but no SteamAppID" Error
After the update of January 17, 2005, I began to get the "Extra App ID set to 211, but no SteamAppID." error with mdldecompiler.exe. Any insights on why this happens, what can be done (if anything) to fix it?
- here is a quick workaround
- Go to these two files
- "C:\\program files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\sourcesdk\launcher\Gameinfo.txt"
- "C:\\program files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\Counter Strike Source\cstrike\Gameinfo.txt" or (half life 2)
- Delete the line in both text files
- ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load th......
- (added by TorQue[MoD]) Instead of deleting the lines you can simply comment them out by placing // in front of them. This will save you having to make a backup, since you can simply delete the // to revert back to the original file state.
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT FILE AS IT DISABLES A FEW THINGS IN STEAM PROGRAMS WHICH IS IMPORTANT.
If this doesn't work, search your steam folder for "gameinfo.txt" and for every1 delete the toolsappid line. (keep original copy of the file, name it gameinfo1.txt or something)
I found this in the cannonfodder forums
It's important to make backups of the textfiles.
If you fudge it up. tough !!! --Deadity 14:26, 3 Feb 2006 (PST)
Is this bug being addressed ? seem to me this is 2 months old now...
Any indication on when we will be getting an updated codebase~?
- This is being worked on. No date as of yet. --JeffLane 17:15, 9 Jan 2006 (PST)
What will the updated code base include? --Holtt
- Mainly it is an update to the code that includes all the changes that have already been released as binaries. There will likely be a release on Source SDK Beta before a full update. I can't give any more details at this time. --JeffLane 21:00, 17 Jan 2006 (PST)
DoD:S British Flag
This isn't really a bug, or bug-related, but I thought I'd point out that the flag model for DoD:S has submodels for the US Army Flag, the Wehrmacht Flag, and the good ol' Union Jack... makes one wonder. --Bwmathis 17:44, 22 Nov 2005 (PST)
- Brits were in the game for a while but got cut. --TomEdwards 08:41, 23 Nov 2005 (PST)
Issues with the hammer tools seem to be interchangeable between General Issues and 3D/2D View issues. Maybe there should be a "Hammer Tool Issues" section? It's difficult, looking through the entire bugs list just to see if a bug you've spotted hasn't already been reported. --Demented 09:23, 24 Nov 2005 (PST)
So far I've just been searching the page to find if there's a matching bug report already. If you want to add some sub categories though, please feel free.
no dod:s sdk
would this be the right place to post this ? this is my problem, and i'm hopeing it will be looked at as a bug/mistake. ;-) i bought HL2 so i have the sourceSDK , but my DOD:S is under a different e-mail address. So i do not think it's letting me download the sourceSDK for DOD. Can this please be fixed so an owner of DOD:S can download the sourceSDK for DOD ?
- It should be fixed when the final SDK is released. --TomEdwards 01:40, 27 Nov 2005 (PST)
Where is the command line where I type in -beta sdk for SDK beta?
Bug reporting page
It's just my suggestion that some web page designed for reporting bugs would be 100 times better than this page. I don't know if this should be bugzilla or something but it's clear that making bugs separate from the other would be very helpful. --Marek Sieradzki
- If it works, don't change it, and as it seems till today this method of comunicating with the community works actually pretty well --Wojciech Arabczyk
SDK Validation when running map
I have been playing around with Steams SDK and have come accross a few things, but if you keep getting the message: "STEAM Validation Rejected" Then I have a solution for you. Download the Source Dedicated Server, then create a server and select the map you want to test. This works, and hopefully steam will fix the validation thing. Check my talk page... User_talk:Imatard
sv_lan 1is a little more efficient. ;-) --TomEdwards 13:33, 5 Jan 2006 (PST)
- You can read about this in the Known Issues list. --JeffLane 17:15, 9 Jan 2006 (PST)
I seem to be getting an invalid directory error when trying to remove a mod with it.
Wierd Compile Error after Update
Anyone ever see this before (full compile w/HDR)? The map runs fine and in full HDR mode there's no shadowing like this...it only manifests itself on no HDR or Bloom settings.
How should we report bugs that we have observed in the codebase?
For example, line 498 of SpectatorGUI.cpp is using twice the size for the memset that it should be using, stomping on the stack in the process.
- Do it precisely as you just said here...copy the line over and line b4 and after too. also add the fix to SDK Known Issues List—ts2do 21:41, 13 Feb 2006 (PST)
- Tools > Source SDK > Links > SoftImage|XSI Mod Tool links to: