Talk:Source SDK Bugs
- 1 Archived comments
- 2 Hammer issue with ATi cards
- 3 "Extra App ID set to 211, but no SteamAppID" Error
- 4 Code update
- 5 DoD:S British Flag
- 6 Sections
- 7 no dod:s sdk
- 8 Command Line
- 9 Bug reporting page
- 10 SDK Validation when running map
- 11 Vconfig
- 12 Wierd Compile Error after Update
- 13 Code bugs?
- 14 Broken Link
- 15 Unable to add "-beta sdk", Cause: no quotation marks in "target".
- 16 Unable to launch mod since last Steam update (January 7, 2007).
- 17 VRAD switching lightmap data between two faces?
Hammer issue with ATi cards
Hammer font (ie. numbers detailing the length and width of a brush) is nearly unreadable after switching from nVidia 8800GTS to ATi HD4870. Tried many drivers
"Extra App ID set to 211, but no SteamAppID" Error
You can find a working versions of CannonFodders tools at the links below:
- http://www.ecct2.com/files/mdldecompiler.exe - MDLdecompiler
- http://www.ecct2.com/files/StudioCompiler.exe - StudioCompiler
- The "ecct2.com" host no longer exists. Please upload the fixed version of these EXEs somewhere so people can download them once again. It saves a lot of trouble for those trying to solve this problem. Thanks.
I fixed these a long time ago - EriX920
After the update of January 17, 2005, I began to get the "Extra App ID set to 211, but no SteamAppID." error with mdldecompiler.exe. Any insights on why this happens, what can be done (if anything) to fix it?
- here is a quick workaround
- Go to these two files
- "C:\\program files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\sourcesdk\launcher\Gameinfo.txt"
- "C:\\program files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\Counter Strike Source\cstrike\Gameinfo.txt" or (half life 2)
- Delete the line in both text files
- ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load th......
- (added by TorQue[MoD]) Instead of deleting the lines you can simply comment them out by placing // in front of them. This will save you having to make a backup, since you can simply delete the // to revert back to the original file state.
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT FILE AS IT DISABLES A FEW THINGS IN STEAM PROGRAMS WHICH IS IMPORTANT.
If this doesn't work, search your steam folder for "gameinfo.txt" and for every1 delete the toolsappid line. (keep original copy of the file, name it gameinfo1.txt or something)
I found this in the cannonfodder forums
It's important to make backups of the textfiles.
If you fudge it up. tough !!! --Deadity 14:26, 3 Feb 2006 (PST)
Is this bug being addressed ? seem to me this is 2 months old now...
Any indication on when we will be getting an updated codebase~?
- This is being worked on. No date as of yet. --JeffLane 17:15, 9 Jan 2006 (PST)
What will the updated code base include? --Holtt
- Mainly it is an update to the code that includes all the changes that have already been released as binaries. There will likely be a release on Source SDK Beta before a full update. I can't give any more details at this time. --JeffLane 21:00, 17 Jan 2006 (PST)
DoD:S British Flag
This isn't really a bug, or bug-related, but I thought I'd point out that the flag model for DoD:S has submodels for the US Army Flag, the Wehrmacht Flag, and the good ol' Union Jack... makes one wonder. --Bwmathis 17:44, 22 Nov 2005 (PST)
- Brits were in the game for a while but got cut. --TomEdwards 08:41, 23 Nov 2005 (PST)
Issues with the hammer tools seem to be interchangeable between General Issues and 3D/2D View issues. Maybe there should be a "Hammer Tool Issues" section? It's difficult, looking through the entire bugs list just to see if a bug you've spotted hasn't already been reported. --Demented 09:23, 24 Nov 2005 (PST)
So far I've just been searching the page to find if there's a matching bug report already. If you want to add some sub categories though, please feel free.
no dod:s sdk
would this be the right place to post this ? this is my problem, and i'm hopeing it will be looked at as a bug/mistake. ;-) i bought HL2 so i have the sourceSDK , but my DOD:S is under a different e-mail address. So i do not think it's letting me download the sourceSDK for DOD. Can this please be fixed so an owner of DOD:S can download the sourceSDK for DOD ?
- It should be fixed when the final SDK is released. --TomEdwards 01:40, 27 Nov 2005 (PST)
Where is the command line where I type in -beta sdk for SDK beta?
Bug reporting page
Hello, I try to compile a shader, but I can't find information about that. I created one .HLSL and .Fx with "Mental Mill". When I try to open shadercompile.exe, it crash. Could you give me more information on the compilation of new shader to hammer sourceSDK, I find nothing. Thank you in advance. --Ageorges Sébastien
It's just my suggestion that some web page designed for reporting bugs would be 100 times better than this page. I don't know if this should be bugzilla or something but it's clear that making bugs separate from the other would be very helpful. --Marek Sieradzki
- If it works, don't change it, and as it seems till today this method of comunicating with the community works actually pretty well --Wojciech Arabczyk
SDK Validation when running map
I have been playing around with Steams SDK and have come accross a few things, but if you keep getting the message: "STEAM Validation Rejected" Then I have a solution for you. Download the Source Dedicated Server, then create a server and select the map you want to test. This works, and hopefully steam will fix the validation thing. Check my talk page... User_talk:Imatard
sv_lan 1is a little more efficient. ;-) --TomEdwards 13:33, 5 Jan 2006 (PST)
- You can read about this in the Known Issues list. --JeffLane 17:15, 9 Jan 2006 (PST)
I seem to be getting an invalid directory error when trying to remove a mod with it.
Wierd Compile Error after Update
Anyone ever see this before (full compile w/HDR)? The map runs fine and in full HDR mode there's no shadowing like this...it only manifests itself on no HDR or Bloom settings.
How should we report bugs that we have observed in the codebase?
For example, line 498 of SpectatorGUI.cpp is using twice the size for the memset that it should be using, stomping on the stack in the process.
- Do it precisely as you just said here...copy the line over and line b4 and after too. also add the fix to SDK Known Issues List—ts2do 21:41, 13 Feb 2006 (PST)
- Tools > Source SDK > Links > SoftImage|XSI Mod Tool links to:
Unable to add "-beta sdk", Cause: no quotation marks in "target".
I bought DoD:S Retail version and now want to create a map, apparently i need "Beta SDK" to be able to edit DoD:S.
I Read http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Beta#Getting_the_Source_SDK_Beta
And when i tried it out following problem occurs: when i create a shortcut of steam there are no quotation marks arround the target, so instead of
"H:\Steam\steam.exe" its just H:\Steam\steam.exe now, when i add the quotation marks and click "Apply" the quotation marks get removed immidiatly.
I looked if this happens with every shortcut on my desktop but e.g. firefox, notepad etc. all have these quotation marks.
Without the quotation marks i cannot seem to add the -beta sdk with it having any effect.
I also deleted the shortcut and made a new one by right-click, drag+drop->create shortcut(aswell as right click->new->shortcut), and the quotation marks will not appear with any of those methods.
Steam is the only .exe which will not let me create proper shortcuts.
I also tried adding -beta sdk without the quotation marks and DoD:S will not appear in Source SDK(also after refreshing and playing the game).
I am running Steam on a 64-bit processor on Windows XP Pro SP2(32 bit/normal edition).
Hope i have provided you with enough information to work on.
For more information email me at [email protected]
Thanks in advanced
- The beta closed a long time ago and is now a part of the public SDK release. --TomEdwards 12:26, 4 Jun 2006 (PDT)
Unable to launch mod since last Steam update (January 7, 2007).
Since the latest Steam update I can't launch my mod from within Hammer anymore
– When using the default Hammer Configuration I get the "MountFileSystem()" Error
– When making the changes specified in here (launch steam.exe instead of hl2.exe, prepend -applaunch 215 and having the SteamAppId set to 215) I am getting the "Steam Validation" Error
– Same with SteamAppId set to 220 (as mentioned somewhere)
– Why would I have to give an +sv_lan 1 command if I am trying to launch a SP HL2 mod? Besides it doesn't help as the app crashes as well
– When changing both SteamAppId and -applaunch to 220 it loads the CS.dll and the game keeps crashing after the console shows up. I get an error message "Unable to load library, Exiting.."
– When I leave the -applaunch comment out altogether the map compiles in Hammer but the game doesn't launch at all
I reinstalled both Steam and the SDK. The latter 3 times in the last days. I am at the end of my wits.
Update: When I set the game to be used in the SDK to be 'Half-Live 2' (instead of my mods name) it works fine.
VRAD switching lightmap data between two faces?
This is the Portal 2 branch. I had a world brush next to a wall (also a world brush), then a func_door of the same dimensions right next to it so the world brush was sandwiched between the wall and the func_door. The problem was that the face of the func_door facing away from the wall was completely black. I tried moving the func_door and replacing it even, but no change. I then made the world brush between the func_door and the wall into a func_detail and the front face of the func_door became partially lit. I tried putting a light behind the func_door and sure enough, the front became even more lit up. I don't know if VRAD is really switching data for the two faces (they are of identical dimensions), but that seems to be the case. Pinsplash (talk) 09:10, 21 July 2017 (UTC)