Talk:Source Feature Requests
Why did you mark this for deletion, Ts2do?
- 'Cause there's a better place for bug reports already? —Cargo Cult (info, talk) 10:55, 27 Nov 2005 (PST)
- What? This has nothing to do with the SDK Beta. X^18
- The page he deleted delt with a problem with the Source engine itself, not the SDK Beta, *or* Hammer. X^18
- They are two entirely seperate issues.
- 1) Hammer shows texture scale wrong - a Hammer issue, which is why I put it there.
- 2) basetexturetransforms don't work right - a Source issue, which is why I created this page.
- They just use the same image.
- I put a lot of work into that. Why did you come in and *delete* it without understanding it, and without as much as a word as to why? X^18
Ok, to make what I'm saying clearer, I just uploaded an image for the Hammer problem with only the relevant info. X^18
Who asked for displacements on triangular faces? GL with that happenening before HL-3. From what I've determined from the coded approach to displacements maps they'd basically need to reinvent them in thier entirety just for the special case of 1 less side that really doesn't add any extra functionality. Plus I can't imagine how they'd do a 100 or so of the optimmizations to code I'm guessing they run for displacement maps. Angry Beaver 23:10, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
Also why is everyone so keen on mirrors. TBH i think valve games don't include them in the "fully featured way" for emphasis reasons. One of valves biggest points is that they want the player to feel like they are grdon freeman and they are there experince it all. If Gordons confused your confused.
Along that line letting the player seem "themselves" as a gordon model is a bad approach as it dissociates the player from the character their palying, they find it harder to feel like they are that person when their beady little eyes stare back at you. So why is it everyone feels there should be a feature included in the game that breaks one of its fundamental design concepts? Angry Beaver 23:17, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
- We are talking about the source engine not half-life 2, mirrors would add more freedom to mod making and level design.--Deadity 01:27, 29 Mar 2006 (PST)
At least a few of these feature requests are easily doable in a mod. That I see, I can implement the disablable Autosave request, Poison Damage request, the Teleport grenades request, and the Chapter Entity request (Actually, already did that one). You'll have to find a programmer for your mod, rather than simply distributing an HL2 map, but I'd think it would pay off, especially if you want expanded features like these. --Kateye 00:47, 9 Oct 2006 (PDT)