Talk:Softimage Mod Tool
Can anyone who is knowledgeable address the "Failed to save sequence before system failure" issue? This alone is practically keeping me from using XSI altogether. I have a lot of .3ds files that I need to import and work on to eventually export for HL2. Just installed XSI last night and they all imported fine. Today they don't and instead produce the above error, completely out of nowhere. Reinstall will fix it, and then bam, next day, same thing. Is there a fix?
- Hmmm, here are a few possible causes that come up to my mind: firewall(Norton, Zonealerm, etc), install path(with space, non-ascii), exporting over read-only file, logitech desktop manager, video card driver...
- -n-neko 03:26, 6 Jan 2006 (PST)
- Thanks for the reply. I currently have Sygate firewall installed and NOD32 antivirus. I'm using Catalyst 5.10 with a Radeon X800 XL PCI-E. Installed to C:\XSI_4.2_ModTool. No Logitech software installed.
- I installed the program and imported some .3ds files, no issues. The next day I started getting this issue. The only thing I really did between those two times was set up my project in project manager and stuff.
- Isn't this a rather common issue, though?
Okay I just reinstalled, it worked fine, rebooted, didn't work. Didn't change ANYTHING else.
FIXED IT. Turns out I had the ___tmp.xsi file in C:\ hidden, which was causing the problem.
Question, has anyone gotten a working key for this mod tool? I put my email and info, got my key, and the program says, Invalid key... And its been doing this since the last time I tried in december. --Red Comet 20:37, 22 Apr 2006 (PDT)
Source SDK Content Animations
Anyone else notice you cannot open the animation SMD files that are in "sourcesdk_content/" directory properly? I only get the first frame and that's it. I've tried with XSI|Mod Tool 4.2 and Milkshape. I got a friend to use his 3DSMax 8 and it opened the animation SMDs properly. Am I missing something? --Mr.Hankey 13:21, 24 Jun 2007 (PDT)
How do I import source models to xsi?
I just keep on trying, but can't find anything that matches the filetypes Cfive 13:13, 23 Sep 2008 (PDT)
- You need to decompile them first. --TomEdwards 08:37, 24 Sep 2008 (PDT)
Hmm... I've heard that some of the changes mdldecompiler made to studiocompiler made it unstable. That and, more importantly, I can't get it to run. Cfive 13:48, 26 Sep 2008 (PDT)
- So it does! :-) --TomEdwards 07:18, 14 Aug 2007 (PDT)
New triangle limits
So the XSI mod tool allows for 64000 triangles to be used before hitting the limit now? is this above or below the limit for models used in the Source Engine? Solokiller 12:22, 14 Aug 2007 (PDT)
- Well above any (or most) of the models used in HL2, I believe the old mod tool was a lot more limited --Bluestrike 05:46, 25 Aug 2007 (PDT)
XSI collision model information
- Disable automatic discontinuity in geometry approximation.
- Avoid missing polygons/faces because it can confuse the compiler.
- --Bluestrike 01:57, 10 Jul 2008 (PDT)
Now owned by Autodesk?
- Autodesk Signs Agreement with Avid Technology to Acquire Softimage --brandished 13:02, 27 Oct 2008 (PDT)
Download Page "Temporarily Down"
The download page for XSI Mod Tool seems to be temporarily down until "early December 2008". It's now half way through December. Have they given up on it completely? Is there a new download page? About how long until the page is brought back up? --Snake oil salesman 16:14, 15 Dec 2008 (PST)