Talk:Over the Shoulder View
This article needs some converting, to format to wiki standards.--Gear 09:37, 8 Jun 2008 (PDT)
- Working on it, I just wanted to get it up there so people could have this info sooner since this seemed to me to be in pretty high demand. --Azaral 11:55, 8 Jun 2008 (CDT)
- I will be able to clean this up later tonight, not enough time right now. I think I made it thirdperson all the way through though. --Azaral 12:10,8 Jun 2008 (CDT)
- It should be good to go now unless there is something else I missed. Let me know and I will make the appropriate changes, thanks! --Azaral 22:26 8 Jun 2008 (CDT)
- For animations working in SP you need add SetAnimation. --xuyase 23:22 7 Jul 2008.
I get about 35 syntax and other various errors when compiling a SP HL2 mod ONLY adding this code and building as of today. I'm really interested in getting this working so any help would be appreciated, thanks. --vradinolfi 05:14 24 March 2009 (EST)
- I managed to get this to compile in Orangebox SP Mod however having mass trouble using the camera ingame.
- The view makes me feel sick like its set to FOV 300 or something silly, looks like a fisheye effect and the flashlight is repeated about 4 million times into infinity getting closer towards the player almost like a fractal.
- The part about hl2mp_player.cpp is where its going sour, because i used hl2_player.cpp and found the similar function however the "if" and "else" statements confuse me beyond words in that particular part of the file.
- Would be good to get this working with a proper tutorial, but thanks all the same for sharing :) --Jenkins08 14:32, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- You perhaps accidently set m_CameraIsOrthographic = false; to true? I once did it and got a very weird distorted 1st person view.
- For me the 3rd person view only works while in launching the game in dev mode and loading a level with the 'map' command. --Bluestrike 10:52, 29 July 2009 (UTC)