Renderbox / ActBusies
16777216 : Use RenderBox in ActBusies
Can someone tell me what this does/means, please? --Giles 08:48, 19 May 2006 (PDT)
- It means to use the renderbox rather than the human hull as the solid box
- “ // Use render bounds instead of human hull for guys sitting in chairs, etc. ”—ts2do 14:03, 19 May 2006 (PDT)
- Thanks. --Giles 05:36, 20 May 2006 (PDT)
What does it mean by "speech semaphore"?
- it allows the npc to talk even if other teammates are talking (there's 2 semaphores: friends & foes) semaphore just means restriction...allowing 1 to talk at a time—ts2do 17:25, 22 May 2006 (PDT)
This doesn't seem to be true (anymore):
: If the Medic flag is set and the citizentype is set to 3 (rebel), the equivalent models from models/humans/group03m/ are used.
Looking at the textures, there is no such thing as a /group03m/ group - only a single /group03/ group.
Also, is there any trick to using the old sdk/models/humans/male/citizen_sheet skin? --Andreasen 00:43, 22 Sep 2006 (PDT)
- GCFScape reports a
hl2/models/Humans/Group03m/alive and well in
Source Models.gcf. :)
- Also, I originally refrained from specifying that "Default" means Blue Outfit, because I'm not sure that you can't affect the Default from elsewhere. Perhaps with a combination of global variables or something. Are you sure that Default always means Blue? Along those lines, I'm also suspicious that "Unique" means something more than just "regular blue" too. --Giles 02:26, 22 Sep 2006 (PDT)
- Yes, but is the m group used (seeing that the group03 sheet also contains the medic skins)? Strange that the m group doesn't show up in the texture browser.
- I only tested the types out ingame and gave them a description of what they looked like. I'm as puzzled as you. I'll write a todo on them. --Andreasen 03:19, 22 Sep 2006 (PDT)
- Where did the NPCs names come from? Cubbage is obviously Cubbage, but I'm curious as to how you are determining that Joe is Joe, and Van is Van, etc? --Giles 05:51, 22 Sep 2006 (PDT)
- I'm getting them from the names of the skin textures that the models use. You just have to figure out which skin belongs to which model - so far I've compared traits. =) --Andreasen 06:18, 22 Sep 2006 (PDT)
I've taken some nice screen caps of all their five outfits, but do we really need any of them? Those who has played through HL2 should know how a rebel medic looks like, right? --Andreasen 04:23, 22 Sep 2006 (PDT)
Is it just me or, since the last big SDK update, they don't talk anymore? If I run my mod with SteamAppID 220 they speak and act as expected, while if I use SteamAppID 215 (with my custom dlls, but I didn't touched a single line of code that deal with them) they're mute (and from time to time they assume their "Idle" pose). Any clue? I didn't post this on SDK bug list because I'm not sure whether it is my problem or not. --uoz 03:12, 26 Sep 2006 (PDT)