Is this what you're looking for?This page is for discussing the Valve Developer Community's Main Page. For discussion on VDC in general, see the talk page at About. For questions about developing, please visit the Help Desk!
Welcome to the discussion page for the Main Page! To start a new section, click on the Add topic tab above. To respond in an existing section, click on the
edit link to the right of the section title. Please don't forget to sign your comments, using either three tildes (~~~) for your name, or four tildes (~~~~) for your name and a timestamp.
Available translations for this page
- Main_Page:ru actually exist too. --Assassin killer 02:57, 29 August 2011 (PDT)
- Please, update page. --Mehiller 06:49, 31 December 2011 (PST)
- As of 3/3/12, the Georgian translation is available for the Main Page. —Mattshu 11:33, 3 March 2012 (PST)
- Main_Page:nl Freshly created Xylios 20:29, 17 July 2012 (PDT)
- Main_Page:pt-br —Mattshu 22:46, 27 December 2012 (PST)
- Main_Page:ko Freshly created Moriarty Park 15:37, 06 Febuary 2014 - Add flag to main page please.
- Main_Page:zh-tw has been created by SLMT. Please add a flag for it.
- What do you mean?—Mattshu 18:42, 14 April 2012 (PDT)
Spanish translation is avaible now :)
Also, I've seen that exists a translation in other language that I don't know (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page:ka)
Regards --Ryo 15:03, 1 May 2012 (PDT)
German Translation available
The German Translation for this Valve Wiki is now available, but not yet 100 % completed. Main Page in German
SamBrishes --SamBrishes 11:34, 29 Sep 2012 (PDT)
Hello, I see that this is a multilingual wiki. Have you considered using the Translate extension, which allows to easily make your MediaWiki multilingual? It makes you save enormous amounts of time which otherwise is wasted on templates wizardry, manual synchronisation of pages and so on, scarying off most translators; and offers many other aid to efficient translation. Now it's also available in handy tarball bundles. The page explains how to get help and more information, and there is extensive documentation; asking on #mediawiki-i18n @ freenode is probably your best chance for immediate assistance if needed. Thanks, Nemo 15:58, 13 January 2013 (PST)
I see the chinese translation but can not find this page
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page:zh-cn So，please add it！
- The otherlang templates on the other (non-English) pages have not been updated to include this page. Also, the links on the page should be updated to point to any chinese versions of pages that exist instead of the English ones (notably SDK_Docs:zh-cn. The translated title also needs to be added to the otherlang template. --JeffLane 16:34, 23 January 2013 (PST)
Misspelled News Content
In the most recent news update, it says "The Source SDK is has been updated" when it should say The Source SDK has been updated --V360 09:41, 19 May 2013 (PDT)
New location of the SDK tools
A news post should be made, explaining that the tools included with the Source SDK can no longer be used, and that tools are included with single games now. --Lonaowna 10:10, 19 May 2013 (PDT)
- Fixed with 2013 SDK release, thanks! --Lonaowna 23:53, 26 June 2013 (PDT)
Steamcmd install - Batch file
This is my first contribution, it's not big, but I think that it could be helpful to someone :)
Into this file, you can populate (with your personal edit: notepad ++ or another)
1) Path where your steamcmd is installed (only for one time) 2) Path where you want to instal or update your games.
This batch file covers only Counter Strike Series.
Counter Strike: 1.6; Source; Condition Zero and GO.
I hope this tool helps you to install more easily your servers :)
Any questions, please send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minor changes to some wiki pages
I have build .net library that implements server query protocol,Rcon protocol,master server query protocol.it can listen to remote logs and u can subscribe to different logged events. here is the link : http://querymaster.codeplex.com/
while building it i noticed few things ,
-while testing on multipacket compressed source responses,the decompressed size of response was 0 and was a short value but "Server Queries"(https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries) wiki page states that it should be long and is equal to size of packet after decompression.I could find only 1 public server that compresses the response.So I would need a confirmation.and if my findings are right then that page should be updated.
-Cs 1.6 protocol 47 does not respond to query messages mentioned in the "Server Queries"(https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries) page.It responses only to half life protocol queries(noticed it while testing my library).the responses are same though. I think this should be added to that page.
-There is no wiki page for Gold Source RCON protocol.I had to research/experiment to identify all the pieces of the protocol.I think even that should be added to wiki as it will save lot of trouble for those who are trying to implement it.
-Source RCON protocol page(https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_RCON_Protocol) states that maximum packet size is 4096.I have received packets bit larger than that (around 4130) (CS:Source server, cvarlist command).I would say maximum possible size should be kept to 4200.
-Addition to "HL Log Standard"(https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/HL_Log_Standard) wiki Page : server logs server shut down event. log message : Server shutdown