Talk:Level Design Video Tutorials
Please do not add 3kliksphilip's videos.
THEY DO NOT TEACH GOOD HABITS. IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO TEACH PEOPLE THESE HABITS.
PLEASE DO NOT RE-ADD THEM TO THE LIST. --LordNed 00:21, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Wait what, they look okay to me.--Gear 01:11, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Read his "Speeding up Compiling" tutorial and "Optimization". Do we REALLY want someone who teaches that teaching the rest of the people? Because say you found one of his okay tutorials and you went "This guy makes it easy. Lemme watch the rest. -LordNed 22:33, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- Don't be a jerk Lord ned, stop trying to act like you know every damn thing about hammer. If people want to use 3kliksphilip's videos, and they find it useful. Then they can post it if they want. --Anonymous
- Several of his videos are actually useful for first time mappers. Such as "Source SDK in 30 seconds - Water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ZJ5a3eCHo&feature=channel " And "Top 10 mapping mistakes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAjrS3qf9-o&feature=channel " They prove very valuable to someone who had just found hammer. --Anonymous
- No he's right, that video is horrible.--Gear 07:46, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
- And people always argue with me over it. --LordNed 04:03, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
"Added Valvehammertutorials/LordNed back to the list. Deleting his or 3kliksphilip's vids is childish, stop doing it. Civilized people/mappers know what tutorials to follow, and what to not" I thought the whole point of this page was to help people new to hammer, not the experienced ones. Solokiller 17:04, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hence the discussion. I think you just missed it.--Gear 07:50, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
- And now, nearly 2 years later, it looks like it is starting all over again. --Tehrasha 21:05, 26 July 2011 (PDT)
I can't find a single video on how to make npc's come to the player no matter where they are on a map. Like a zombie game i want the player to have non stop zombie carnage but whenever i make a good map with NPC's i have to run around finding them! Help please!