From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 20:37, 3 August 2006 by Dutchmega
Use of $game
anybody knows the use of $game ?
The variable game is set in the gameinfo.txt, so what's this?? -- Rotzi 07:50, 3 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- I could have sworn I saw this file $included in a script file...—ts2do 09:03, 3 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- A shit, forgot about this site ;P (was still open).
- I foud it a while ago. It seems to just be a name definition. It is included when starting up the game as "starting $game" or sth like that...
- Is that all? *.* Well, seems like it...
- Btw, is such an article like this, describing a sdk file appropiate? Hope so ;P greetz -- Rotzi 13:16, 3 Aug 2006 (PDT)
- If you don't have $game set, steam will tell you that you are starting HL2(DM) while starting your mod. It's also possible that this is used for Friends. --dutchmega 13:37, 3 Aug 2006 (PDT)