I plan on finishing this up over the weekend...hopefully. --Remmiz 01:15, 17 Nov 2007 (PST)
Why can't you use one trigger_multiple with "client" and "physics" checked? --Darthkillyou 21:04, 21 Nov 2007 (PST)
- Because then it will trigger off any knocked down cameras. --Remmiz 22:18, 21 Nov 2007 (PST)
- Also the cube sets off triggers if it is touching the trigger volume, while the client only does so if the vertical centerline is touching the trigger. If you used only one, it would either be too sensitive for the player (would have to stand in center of button) or it would be not sensitive enough for the cube (the cube could be resting on the base and still be activating the button)--volt 01:37, 23 Nov 2007 (PST)
A few critiques on this page:
- Is it really necessary for the movement brush to be any particular shape, so long as it's 9 units tall?
- Wouldn't it be more accurate if the player trigger brush were cylinder? (I use 12 sides, 48x48)
The way that you describe is exactly how Valve does it, however the fact that the button is circular but the trigger is not annoys me.
- Technically either would work, but I think having the player trigger being a little big larger helps the player by not requiring them to stand directly on it, which can be harder in a fast paced scene. And I didn't notice that in 16...looks like someone made a mistake! --Remmiz 10:28, 23 Nov 2007 (PST)
This is driving me mad. In-game, some buttons fade to dark when they are pressed down. Some buttons do not. Any button I make fades to nearly complete black, but your (Remmiz) door-button-tutorial button doesn't fade at all. In my case, I found that if the center of the button-top is beneath the floor, it will fade to black, and if I move the origin so that it barely stays above the floor, it will maintain its color. HOWEVER your button in the tutorial VMF doesn't fade at all and it's constructed identically! WHAT! --volt 01:31, 24 Nov 2007 (PST)
- There is a light underneath it, so when it is pushed down, the light will be above the button and lights it up. --Remmiz 01:46, 24 Nov 2007 (PST)
- I had the light as well, attempted both in the same position as yours as well as slightly higher. At one point I did a copy-paste on all of the elements of your button and put it in my vmf and it didn't act the same as the one in your vmf. Pretty strange. --volt 03:21, 24 Nov 2007 (PST)