Agg, I'm really confused. When I select two displacement surfaces and hit Sew, uh, they don't. I can't see what I'm doing wrong. Help please? --Solar 18:33, 16 Sep 2008 (PDT)
- Ah, never mind. I got stuff to work, just the rules of sewing are really, really finicky. --Solar 14:32, 17 Sep 2008 (PDT)
Creating Holes in Displacements does not exist.
added it from Google cache, still needs pics. --mungo
Is there anything that can be done about very slight, bright 'seams' which appear between sewn displacements when antialiasing is enabled? This is on an Nvidia GF6600 with the latest drivers - it's a bit distracting but disappears when antialiasing is switched off... --Cargo Cult 04:04, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- No. It's AA artifacting, which is a card thing. --TomEdwards 04:39, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Nvidia, I curse thee!
- Ahem. By the way, does anyone get the flashlight not working properly against horizontal, non-bumpmapped surfaces in DX9? I used to think it was my mapping at fault, but it works fine in DX8... --Cargo Cult 09:34, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- The 6600 only does super-sample anti-aliasing (FSAA) in 8xQ mode. All the other modes are multi-sample "anti-aliasing" which only works on the edges of polygons, and doesn't work with pixel shaders.Zevensoft 13:53, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
How does the engine determine whether a displacement is visible? Does it use the original brush, or does it create a convex hull surrounding the displacement, or does it use some other method?
- I'm leaning towards it using the original brush. There are some instances where if you create your displacement a certain way, and look at it at a certain angle, it will disappear - this is more noticeable in Hammer than in-game. --Daedalus 03:47, 8 Oct 2007 (PDT)
- To remedy this, you could make the original brush larger then use a larger size to sink down the whole displacement's face, then work from there—ts2do 07:31, 8 Oct 2007 (PDT)
- Nope, it's based on the bounding box of the displacement, not the base brush. If you're viewing at an angle, the bounding box can be rather large, which may be misleading. --JeffLane 12:03, 8 Oct 2007 (PDT)
Is this bounding box axis-aligned, or aligned with the base face? If axis-aligned, it could result in some very nasty sized bounding boxes... Nhammen 22:09, 12 Oct 2007 (PDT)
Displacement bug keeps happening
I have noticed in many games there are issues with displacements even in regular hl2 there was a command that fixed that problem before I can not recall that fixing command for displacements does any one know how? The problem is all physics entities and players fall through the displacements.
- I have the same problem! how do we fix it?! --Army dude 09:53, 24 Jan 2009 (GMT)
sometimes, the displacement gets super-light for no reason. can anyone help me with this? Kizzycocoa 22:48, 27 June 2010 (UTC)