Talk:Command Line Options
What is a Steam (test) script? --King2500 10:03, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Does anyone know this? --King2500 00:34, 7 Sep 2005 (PDT)
- A script for developers? -ts2do
Does this mean Steam runs in Linux? --TomEdwards 10:36, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- No, it´s only a small application to download and update the linux dedicated servers. --King2500 16:25, 27 Jul 2005 (PDT)
As for "-novideo", I use "-novid", although that is rather trivial. --wisemx 11:40, 26 Jul 2005 (PDT)
-toconsole doesn't work HL2 or Lost Coast. The console appears, but the menu background loads anyway. --TomEdwards 03:30, 3 Jan 2006 (PST)
- Yes, that's correct. I'll need to update the article. You need to add
-devto suppress loading of background maps. Be aware, this is just background maps -- the blurred background images will still appear in HL2. --JeffLane 12:16, 3 Jan 2006 (PST)
Is it posible to have a complete list of switches - not just the common ones (i dont want to look at the engine code no one has)
- That's what we're aspiring to do. However, Valve keeps its secrets, so we sometimes need to employ a bit of creativity (as far as the license agreement permits). A tip: commands beginning with a plus are, in reality, console commands and you can learn about them over at the Console Command List. We'll be updating this section only with the commands starting with a dash. ~~ Ravu 10:00, 6 Jun 2006 (PDT)
Forcing specific configuration files?
Switches regarding config files (Telling Source where to get it's config from) would be extremely useful to have listed here for external application developers and server hosts.