Players : Get together with friends to complete individual or serialised coop maps, using new weapons and tactics to overcome new challenges and foes. Or if you want to get competitive, play maps in Deathmatch or Teamplay (Rebel vs Combine) game modes.
Level Designers: To support a wide range of scenarios and gameplay, Synergy provides many useful features for level designers; including a versatile Player Class System, custom NPC scripts, and a very handy MCF system that allows you to tweak your entities without having to recompile your BSP after every adjustment! Synergy allows level creators to script their own story and/or mission objectives; each level can contain a number of objectives - rescue an NPC, defend a base, secure checkpoints, attack and defend, assassinate a enemy VIP, and so on.
- Simple Single-Player Tutorial map to introduce new gameplay features.
- Coop gameplay through every chapter in the Half-Life 2, Lost Coast and Episode One campaign.
- Dozens of custom maps designed specifically for coop gameplay.
- Versatile Player Class System.
- Custom Player Character models, animations and sound scripts.
- Custom weapons (including Flaregun, Medkit and Melee-Punch).
- Weapon Load System (limits the number of weapons a player can carry).
- Multi-passenger vehicles.
- Player Command Menu.
- Simple Voting System.
- MCF System (allows modification of a map's cvars and entities without recompiling the BSP)
- CSF System (allows simple NPC customization).
- NPC Lag Compensation.
- Dynamic Player Checkpoints.
- Custom entities for Teamplay game-mode.
- And more coming...
The Synergy mod grew from the merger of the Dev Coop and DC Coop 2 mod projects. In 2005, there were only three people working on Dev Coop without any real plans to release a public version. DC Coop 2 had around six active contributors and a Half-Life(1) mod called DC Coop. Since the first public release of Synergy (Beta 1.0) in September 2005, the team has continued to work on improvements, updates and features.
While Synergy Beta 1.0 supported only the coop game mode, Beta 2.0 added support for Teamplay and Deathmatch game modes and many other custom features for level designers.
The current release, Synergy 1.1, added support for Episode One features, resources and maps, and shifted the codebase dependency to Source SDK Base and HalfLife 2.
Development for the next version of Synergy is focused on full support for Episode Two features and chapters.
- Beta 1.0 - September 8, 2005
- Beta 2.0 - November 18, 2006
- Beta 2.1 - December 8, 2006
- Beta 2.2 - January 19, 2007
- Beta 2.3 - March 2, 2007
- Beta 2.4 - April 27, 2007
- Beta 2.5 - August 17, 2007
- Beta 2.6 - October 26, 2007
- Release 1.0 - December 7, 2007
- Release 1.1 - January 11, 2008
Our main media galleries can be found at the following two locations:
- Level Designer
- We're always looking for some people who know how to map and would like to learn how to use some of the new features in Synergy.
- 3D Artist
- We've got some weapons that need to be modelled (and animated), so if you're interested and feel up to the task, please send us an email.
- 2D Artist
- We need someone who can texture those weapons.