Template:ReleasedModSmall Synergy focuses on offering players a rich coop experience for Half-Life 2. Since Beta 2.0, the mod also supports some additional game modes of Teamplay (CTF, LMS, etc.) and Deathmatch.
Get together with your friends and complete individual levels or a series of levels, using all new weapons against new NPCs. Or if you want to get competitive, play it in Deathmatch or Teamplay game modes. In Teamplay, you play for either Combine or Rebel team, fighting alongside friendly NPCs and players against the opposing team.
To support a greater range of level scenarios, the mod provides level designers with several extra customization options, such as custom player model system, custom NPC support, etc. Synergy allows level creators to script up their own story and/or mission objectives. Each level can contain a number of objectives - rescue an NPC, defend a base, secure checkpoints, attack and defend, assassinate a enemy VIP and so on.
- Multi-passenger vehicles
- Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and Lost Coast campaign co-op
- Dynamic player checkpoints
- Simple voting system
- Player class system
- Compiled level entity modification (use of "MCF" files)
- NPC lag compensation
- NPC customization ("CSFs")
- New entities for gameplay rules
- Custom player model support (e.g. Half-Life: Deathmatch)
- Custom sound scripts support
- New levels, character models, skins, ...
- New weaponry (such as Flaregun and melee weapons)
- Hand pickups
- New player character animations
- Player command menu
- Weapon load (limits number of weapons that can be carried)
- And more coming...
Before the mod was given its current name, it went through two more names - Dev Coop and DC Coop 2 - which also highlight the different stages of development.
At first, there were only three people working on Dev Coop and we didn't have any real plans in place to release a public version. DC Coop 2 had around six active contributors. They also had a Half-Life mod named DC Coop. When the two parties eventually met, a successful merger was realized.
Today, the mod is known as Synergy and the development couldn't have been better. We've got a public beta version available up for download and we're continuing to work on improvements, updates and features. While Synergy originally started out as a co-op-only mod (Beta 1.0), it has since (Beta 2.0+) shifted around a bit and turned into a multi-gameplay mod with many custom features for level designers.
- Beta 1.0 - September 8, 2005
- Beta 2.0 - November 18, 2006
- Beta 2.6 - October 26, 2007
- 1.0 - December 7, 2007
- 1.1 - January 11, 2008
Our main media galleries can be found at the following two locations:
- Level Designer
- We're always looking for some people who know how to map and would like to learn how to use some of the new features in Synergy.
- 3D Artist
- This is a big one; we've got some weapons that need to be modeled (and animated), so if you're interested and feel up to the task, please send us an email.
- 2D Artist
- Very self-explanatory, we need someone who can texture those weapons.