Swarm SDK Create a Mod
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 19:12, 30 January 2014 by BPhrase
- To learn about Add-ons, see this page: Swarm Campaign Add-on Tutorial
- You must have Alien Swarm installed on Steam.
- You must have Visual Studio 2005 installed (or see Compiler Choices for other versions).
Creating a Mod
- Launch the Alien Swarm - SDK from the Steam Tools section.
- Double click Create a Mod
- Enter a name for your mod. This is the name of the mod folder that will appear in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\" or "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\" folder.
- Enter a location for the source code. The Alien Swarm source code will be copied to this location where you can modify it and build it.
- Follow the steps given after completing the Mod Creation Wizard: Swarm Mod wizard complete