The Steam Condenser is a multi-language library for querying the Steam Community, Source and GoldSrc game servers as well as the Steam master servers. Currently it is implemented in Java, PHP and Ruby. C# and Objective-C implementations are currently in progress.
At the moment the library is able to query Source and GoldSrc servers and built objects representing the server (including basic information, players and rules) in all three languages. Additionally these objects can be used to send RCON request to the corresponding server. Additionally you're able to acquire information from the Steam Community like player stats and achievements using Steam Community's XML interface and the Web API.
Installing the Steam Condenser Ruby gem on Windows
- First, you have to install both, Ruby and the Windows DevKit. You can get them from http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads.
- Steam Condenser depends on the bzip2-ruby gem which requires some work to install on Windows.
- You'll need to have the bzip2 library installed. A Windows version can be obtained from the gnuwin32 project. Unpack it to a location of your choice.
- Install the bzip2-ruby gem first with
gem install bzip2-ruby -- --with-bz2-dir="C:\Program Files\bzip2-1.0.5"(use the location you choose earlier here)
- Now you're able to install Steam Condenser with the usual
gem install steam-condenser
- October 24th, 2011: Version 1.0.2: Several fixes for RCON and queries
- August 23rd, 2011: Version 1.0.1: Fixed some problems with version 1.0.0, especially the Ruby gem
- August 18th, 2011: Version 1.0.0: Much improved documentation, lots of bugfixes and other improvements
- June 1st, 2011: Version 0.14.0: Added Portal 2 stats, update documentation, lots of bugfixes
- April 15th, 2011: Version 0.13.1: Fixed bugs in RCON status parsing
- April 12th, 2011: Version 0.13.0: Added WebAPI support, better RCON and general socket performance, add support to heartbeat master servers
- December 29th, 2010: Version 0.12.0: Added Alien Swarm stats, customizable socket timeouts and bugfixes
- October 7th, 2010: Version 0.11.4: Various bugfixes for Ruby and Java
- October 5th, 2010: Version 0.11.3: Various bugfixes for Java and PHP
- September 8th, 2010: Version 0.11.2: Various bugfixes
- July 5th, 2010: Version 0.11.1 fixes RCON problems for Ruby and Java
- July 2nd, 2010: Version 0.11.0 added stats for CS:S and other improvements
- April 5th, 2010: Version 0.10.1: Several minor fixes and improvements
- February 24th, 2010: Version 0.10.0 added support for L4D2 stats as well as other improvements.
- September 16th, 2009: Version 0.9 with lots of improvements
- June 11th, 2009: Version 0.8 with stats support for DoD:S and L4D as well as other improvements
- March 23rd, 2009: Steam Condenser moved to GitHub
- March 3rd, 2009: Version 0.7 with Steam Community support and lots of small improvements
- October 12th, 2008: Version 0.6 with full RCON support
- August 25th, 2008: Bugfix release for the PHP version
- August 18th, 2008: First release of Steam Condenser featuring full querying support for GoldSrc, Source and master servers
- before that, the sources were available from Google Code since July 9th, 2008