The Steam Condenser is a multi-language library for querying the Steam Community, Source and GoldSrc game servers as well as the Steam master servers. Currently it is implemented in Java, PHP and Ruby. C# and Objective-C implementations are currently in progress.
At the moment the library is able to query Source and GoldSrc servers and built objects representing the server (including basic information, players and rules) in all three languages. Additionally these objects can be used to send RCON request to the corresponding server. Additionally you're able to acquire information from the Steam Community like player stats and achievements using Steam Community's XML interface and the Web API.
Installing Steam Condenser on Ruby for Windows
- In addition to Ruby you may need the RubyInstaller Development Kit in case any errors pop up during installation.
- The Steam Condenser tries to install the bzip2-ruby gem, but this does not work without the bzip2 library.
- Install Steam Condenser with this command: gem install steam-condenser -- --with-bz2-dir=H:\downloads\bzip2-1.0.5-lib (Adjust the path to the bz2 library accordingly.) It should then look like this:
Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit... Building native extensions. This could take a while... Successfully installed bzip2-ruby-0.2.7 Successfully installed steam-condenser-0.11.4 2 gems installed Installing ri documentation for bzip2-ruby-0.2.7... Installing ri documentation for steam-condenser-0.11.4... Installing RDoc documentation for bzip2-ruby-0.2.7... Installing RDoc documentation for steam-condenser-0.11.4...
- October 7th, 2010: Version 0.11.4: Various bugfixes for Ruby and Java
- October 5th, 2010: Version 0.11.3: Various bugfixes for Java and PHP
- September 8th, 2010: Version 0.11.2: Various bugfixes
- July 5th, 2010: Version 0.11.1 fixes RCON problems for Ruby and Java
- July 2nd, 2010: Version 0.11.0 added stats for CS:S and other improvements
- April 5th, 2010: Version 0.10.1: Several minor fixes and improvements
- February 24th, 2010: Version 0.10.0 added support for L4D2 stats as well as other improvements.
- September 16th, 2009: Version 0.9 with lots of improvements
- June 11th, 2009: Version 0.8 with stats support for DoD:S and L4D as well as other improvements
- March 23rd, 2009: Steam Condenser moved to GitHub
- March 3rd, 2009: Version 0.7 with Steam Community support and lots of small improvements
- October 12th, 2008: Version 0.6 with full RCON support
- August 25th, 2008: Bugfix release for the PHP version
- August 18th, 2008: First release of Steam Condenser featuring full querying support for GoldSrc, Source and master servers
- before that, the sources were available from Google Code since July 9th, 2008