Steam Command Line Options
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 14:44, 28 June 2005 by Black Panther
- -novideo - When loading a game with this parameter, the intro Valve video will not play.
- -silent - This suppresses the dialog box that opens when you start steam. It is used when you have Steam set to auto-start when your computer turns on. (Steam must be off for this to work.)
- -shutdown - This shutsdown Steam.
- -applaunch %id %c - This launches an Game or Application through Steam. Replace the %id with the Game/Application ID number that you want to open up, replace %c with the command line options for the Application/Game. The IDs can be found here Applaunch IDs.
- -login %u %p - This logs into Steam with the specified Username and Password combination. Replace %u with the username, and %p with the password you want to login with. (Steam must be off for this to work.)
- -nocache - This starts steam with no cache. (Steam must be off for this to work properly.)
- -script %s - This runs a Steam script. Replace %s with the script filename. All scripts must be in a subdirectory of the Steam folder called test scripts. (Steam must be off for this to work.)
- -wd - This puts the desired game in windowed mode.
- -w <width> -h <height> - This makes the desired game start up at resolution <width> by <height>