Room Setup Tool
From Valve Developer Community
The Room Setup Tool is used to define the boundaries of your physical space. The tool (and this documentation) is still in development, so please use the Discussion Forum for questions and feedback.
Defining your play space:
- First, set up your VR headset.
- Launch SteamVR.
- Right click VR Monitor > Run Room Setup.
- On your monitor you should see a window displaying the current view from the headset.
- Move the headset to a location where it is positionally tracked.
- (Optional) Set the headset on the floor where it is also positionally tracked.
- Press R twice to reset the center of the playspace to the headset's current position.
- The floor height, center, and Safe-Zone boundaries can be adjusted in VR using the trigger on a Vive tracked controller.
- The Safe-Zone bounds should be set at least 2ft (0.6m) from any walls.
- Some settings can also be adjusted using keys displayed on screen.
- Press S to save the current set up.
- Exit and restart VR Monitor.
Work in progress:
- Improved interface, hints, and visuals.
- Editing bounds with no tracked input devices.
- Being able to set up the wall boundaries.
- Marking up other objects and physical positions.