Revision as of 11:24, 18 August 2012 by Lonaowna (a little start, mostly copied from Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Dedicated Servers)
SteamCMD is a new tool to install and update dedicated servers using a command line interface.
Downloading and Running SteamCMD
- Download the SteamCMD Update Tool:
- Extract the contents to a directory.
- Do not extract the contents of the updater tool to the regular Steam Client folder or to a folder that has the older HLDSUpdateTool program.
- Linux: type tar xvfz steamcmd.tar.gz
- Launch SteamCMD for the first time
- 1. Open a command prompt in that directory and start SteamCmd
- Windows: type steamcmd
- Linux: type STEAMEXE=steamcmd ./steam.sh
- The program will automatically update and enter you in to a Steam> prompt. Type help for more information.
- 2. Log in with your Steam Account
- You must log out of the regular Steam client in order to properly log in to SteamCMD Update Tool
login <username> <password>
- 3. If you receive a Steam Guard error, check your e-mail for your access code and login using the following command (you'll only need to do this once per computer):
login <username> <password> <steam guard code>
- 4. You should see a message stating that you have successfully logged in with your account.
Downloading an app
- Run SteamCMD and set your app install directory.
- On some linux distributions the path cannot contain any capital letters.
force_install_dir c:\csgo-ds\ force_install_dir .\csgo-ds\
force_install_dir ~/csgo-ds/ force_install_dir ./csgo-ds/
- Install or update the app.
- Once finished, type quit to properly log off of the Steam servers.