Source SDK Update 06/15/2009
- Added source files for ten shipping TF2 maps:
- Fixed the issues with the following tools: height2ssbump, normal2ssbump, pfm2tga, splitskybox, vbspinfo, vmt_tweak, vmtcheck, shadercompile
- Fixed an issue in studiomdl pertaining to $shadowlod
- Added missing
- The texture browser automatically ignores most textures that cannot be placed on brushes or displacements, as well as anything inside a .svn folder for those using svn as their choice of versioning software.
- Added additional auto visgroups for sprites and cubemaps
- Separated the VRAD calls into two sequential while using HDR (-ldr and –hdr) instead of –both
- Model browser is now created once per session
- Displacement brush dial now has greater range
- Added a stop button to sound previews
- Added the ability to edit game configurations with vconfig
- Added a new template mod that replaces the old ‘advanced’ source . This template has options for teams,classes, sprinting, prone, stamina, etc.
- Added shader source; fxc.exe, psa.exe and vsa.exe must be placed into the dx9sdk\utilities folder and you must modify materialsystem\stdshaders\buildsdkshaders.bat to set your paths.
- Most tonemap controller options now work in multiplayer. The ‘template mod’ map ‘sdk_teams_hdr’ demonstrates this.
- All three mod types by default mount the required appids – Multiplayer uses 218 and mounts 320 for example. Gameinfo.txt contains a new entry ‘AdditionalAppId’ for this purpose.
- Particle systems can now be defined with a per-map manifest, similar to soundscapes.
- Fixed a number of issues which caused the server to not compile in linux.
Multiplayer Source Code
- Players animate with the new animation system that came along with TF2.
- Fixed third person animations and all effects
- Fixed SLAM issues
- Fixed Use of UTIL_GetLocalPlayer on the server in various locations
- Fixed a number of other bugs / asserts.
Singleplayer Source Code
- Fixed a number of issues preventing the source from functioning correctly
- Added new vehicle “hl2buggy” so that users may have both the charger and the old buggy.
- Click here for information on previous releases.