Source SDK Feature Requests
This is a page to post new features you've found in the BETA SDK, as well as features you'd like to see in future releases.
New SDK Features
- Complete HDR support for DOD:Source and HL2: Lost Coast
- 2D wireframe view for models
- Textured models in 2D view when selected
- New model browser
- Scaling texture lock
- Model fade preview
- Hammer asks you if you want to load last saved file after crash
Desired SDK Features
- Support for env_tonemap_controller & HDR in HL2, HL2DM, & SDK code.
- It would be nice to be able to select the parts of the SDK we wanted, instead of having to download and extract the whole thing before we can use it. If the launcher were allowed to run without any content downloaded and gave a selection screen when it first ran we could save the time, bandwidth and hard drive space we are currently wasting on things we aren't interested in. Something like this:
Source code Half-Life 2 Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Map tools & samples Counter-Strike Day of Defeat: Source Half-Life 2 Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Modeling tools & samples Counter-Strike ...
And so on like that. Isn't this one of the things Steam was made for? ;-)
- Updated CSS character samples: so that modelers can make models that will pass server consistency(without installing old animation files as fix).
Model browser loading times
I don't know why the delays when opening the model browser and updating the current lists are so horribly long. If you can't speed things up, at least let me type more than the first letter of the filter I need, before the model browser starts updating, like put a time counter counting down a second or two from the moment the last key was pressed. --Andreasen 19:35, 13 Mar 2006 (PST)