Source Engine Beta Fixed Bugs
This section contains bugs that the developer thinks have been fixed in an update, but need verification from the submitters. If the bug isn't fixed, please elaborate on the steps required to reproduce, because it's most likely that the developer has only found one case, or have fixed a separate but similar bug.
Please move fixed issues to the section below and add "After update: Verified Fixed by ~~~".
- Expected: The server info and buttons are propertly displayed (See picture- Taken without the beta command)
- Observed: The server info text and certain buttons are messed up (See picture - Taken with beta command)
- Steps to Reproduce: Enter and Source based game (This was tested on HL2DM and CS:S), Open the server browser, pick any server and click on View server info.
- RP 04:16, 12 May 2006 (PDT)
- This is a problem in HLDMS too, regardless of whether the beta in in use. --TomEdwards 06:27, 12 May 2006 (PDT)
No Cursors ingame
- Expected: (CS:S, DoD:S) Cursor available after a kick, to close the kick window and go back to the main menu. Cursor ingame to close the modt or to cancel a mapchange.
- Observed: (CS:S, DoD:S) No Cursor, you have to use the enter button, after a kick you have to close the game by taskmanager.
- Steps to reproduce: Join a game or get kicked
- DeepBlue 16:55, 12 May 2006 (GMT)
- I was kicked from a Garry's Mod server just now and had the cursor as normal. --TomEdwards 08:57, 12 May 2006 (PDT)
- Gmod is based on HL2 code and not HL2DM code if i'm not mistaken--RP 06:12, 13 May 2006 (PDT)
White walls in Aztec
- Expected: The walls in Aztec to be properly textured as they have been.
- Observed: The walls have turned a very bright white. (See Picture)
- Steps to reproduce: Load Aztec using the BETA command. Happened in an online server and in a listen server even after a restart of CS: Source. Verifying the game cache for CS: Source did not work. Other maps (Dust, Italy, Havana) have appeared fine. The walls reverted back to normal after I removed the command and restarted Steam.
- Technical info: Windows XP (SP2), DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), 1GB PC2700 RAM, GeForce 6800GT (AGP, 84.56 drivers), AMD Athlon 2500+ XP (Clocked at 1.83GHz [Stock]), SoundBlaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic soundcard.
- In-game settings: Model/Texture/Shadow/Shader - All HIGH, Water Detail - Reflect All, Color Correction - Disabled, AA - 4X, AF - 8X, VSync - Disabled, HDR - Full, Hardware DirectX v9.0+
- Zips 18:32, 11 May 2006 (PDT)
- I can confirm this as well for aztec... Windows XP SP2, DX9.0c, 1GB RAM @ 500mhz, GeForce 6800 GTO (PCIe 256mb, latest drivers), Pentium 4 3.2ghz w/ HT, Soundblaster Audigy Gamer. All ingame settings are set to high. AA is none and Color Correction is disabled. --Briguy992 15:16, 14 May 2006 (PDT)
- Confirmed as well. . . Windows XP SP2, DX9.0c, 1GB Ram @ 500mhz, ATI Radeon x800 PRO (AGP 8x 256mb w/ omega drivers), AMD Athalon64 3500+ @ 2.31ghz, Realtek AC'97 Audio, all settings set to highest possible values, Color correction on. --Steamfraiser 13:10, 15 May 2006 (PDT)
- > Ain't it possible to rename your steam-user-map to old, start steam and start CS:S again? 'cause that's how I solved other problems with Steam (and beta), this will extract your files from the .gcf files again... Settings WILL remain as set by you --CrabbyData 10:34, 22 May 2006 (PDT)
Video Stress Test not working
- Observed: When loading the Video Stress Test it crashes to the desktop when it's almost done loading ("Initializing game data").
- Steps to Reproduce: Try to run the VST.
- Mendasp 06:28, 13 May 2006 (PDT)
- Confirmed it myself on CS:S (crashes right before the load ends)--RP 07:26, 13 May 2006 (PDT)
Verified as fixed
These issues have been verified as fixed.
Verified as still broken
These issues have been reported as fixed, but have been verified as still broken.