This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Source 2 is a 3D video game engine in development by Valve as a successor to Source. It is used in Dota 2, parts of The Lab and in SteamVR Home. There are plans to port Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to the engine some time in the future.
- Lower latency and more responsive input.
- Increased performance limit to take advantage of higher end hardware.
- Improved audio and voice processing.
- New in-house physics engine, Rubikon.
- Native OpenGL support on all platforms.
- New authoring tools, rebuilt from the ground up.
- Physically based shading support.
- Support for the Steam Audio sound system.