Sound and Music
|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts - Help us develop the articles or ideas you want|
Ammunition | Animals & Creatures | Antlions | Beams & Lasers | Cables & Ropes | Clouds & Sky | Color Theory | Combat | Combine | Doors | Dust, Fog & Smoke | Elevators | Level Transitions | Environmental Lighting & Weather | Explosions | Fire | Foliage | Glass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lighting | Optimization | Physics | Retinal scanners | Sound & Music | Special effects | Terrain | Trains | Turrets | Water | Weapons | Zombie
This article is a hub for finding information about sound and music in Source.
- ambient_generic — this is the basic entity to play a specific sound, including music
- env_soundscape — plays background noises (see Soundscapes)
- env_microphone — detects sounds
- env_speaker — plays sounds based on a set of Response System rules
- scripted_sentence — used to make an NPC speak an idea
- logic_choreographed_scene — used for conversations and other sequences. See Category:Choreography.
- Category:Sound System — how sound works in Source
- Hammer Sound Browser — documents the Hammer user interface for browsing sounds
- Soundscapes — background sounds in a map
- Sound sensitive trigger — how to trigger an event based on the loudness
- Startup Music — one way to add music to a mod's title screen (alternately, put it in a Menu Background Map)
- To play music, use Hammer Sound Browser to search for keyword
- Many entities can have sounds assigned to them. For example, prop_door_rotating can be assigned sounds for opening, closing, swinging, being locked, and being unlocked. See the individual entities for details.
- Sound — tutorials about sound in Source, including adding custom sounds