Softimage Mod Tool
The XSI Mod Tool is a completely free version of the professional XSI modeling package. It has most of the features of the professional versions (certainly everything you'd need for mods) and allows you to export your work to Source without restriction.
General XSI tutorials
- Exporting a model/XSI
- Model Creation Overview
- Compiling Models
- Character Creation Overview
- Viewmodels in XSI
- Replacing HL2DM player models with XSI Mod Tool
- Converting brush structures in your map into a prop_static with XSI Mod Tool
- Noesis Interactive Mod Your World™ - a tutorial series available from the Valve Store.
- Creating a prop_physics entity - a tutorial by Yesukai.
- Physics Props - From XSI to HL2 - a Mod DB tutorial by Stuffie.
- Getting Static Props into Source via XSI|EXP for HL2 - a tutorial by Joseph Spataro.
sourcesdk/cstrike_sample_content" with "
See Source SDK Files and Directory Structure for details.
Tutorials from Veazie.org
- A setup for Half-Life 2 modeling
- Creating a simple HL2 model using XSI EXP
- A simple animated model using XSI
- HL2 character modeling - a first step
- Creating a basic HL2 character model using XSI
- Adding eyes to your character model
- 3D Buzz
- Creating a prop in XSI and texturing it with Photoshop - a four-part video tutorial by FlashJackson, demonstrating the prop creation process, from modeling and texturing to compiling.
- Colt 1911 XSI Video Tutorial - a 5-hour long video tutorial by destya, showing the entire modeling process for creating Colt 1911. Reference pictures and renders are included.
- Digital-Tutors - a collection of free XSI tutorials.
- Noesis Interactive - the official Valve training partner for Source Engine development.
Quickstart guide for Max/Maya/LightWave users
- MAX to XSI Jumpstart
- 3ds Max to Softimage XSI Transition Tips
- Maya 2 XSI Quickstart Guide
- LightWave 2 XSI Quick start (PDF)
Source SDK contains various sample scenes (.scn) for XSI. See "
sourcesdk_content/<game name>/modelsrc/..." for details. You can modify the models to make your own characters/weapons/vehicles.
Additionally, there is a Korin XSI Mod Tool Scene data released by nkinta. It shows how to make an Alyx replacement model with full facial animations.
- XSI Mod Tool - official site.