Slime, toxic water, or goo is an obstacle in Portal 2. Like shredders and pits, objects and players that drop into it are destroyed. The surface is brown and green, and it looks green for submerged players.
- Create a brush extending over the area where you want the slime. Apply a toolsnodraw texture to all surfaces, then one of the toxicslime textures to the top.
- Create another brush in the same location. Texture with toolstrigger. Choose Tie to Entity and select Trigger_hurt. Set Damage to 100.
- You will fall through water, so the basin needs another brush at its base.
- One way to destroy objects: place a trigger_multiple above the water, with the flag Physics Objects, and this output:
My Output > Target Entity Target Input Parameter Delay Only Once OnStartTouch !activator Dissolve 0.00 No
Although you cannot see it in-game, the slime will probably have ugly edges where the texture tiles. To fix this, you need to stretch the slime texture to the size of your pit. However, for whatever reason, pressing "Fit" on the Hammer Face Edit Dialog with the slime texture will not align it properly. To properly align/stretch the texture of the slime:
- Find a texture that is 256x256.
- Open the face edit dialog on the slime.
- Apply the 256x256 texture to the face.
- Press "Fit."
- Switch texture back to slime.
To finish it off, put a particle effect over the slime. You can use water_mist_256, water_mist_512, or water_mist_1024_512. (List of Portal 2 Particles)