sky_camera is a point entity available in all Source games. It is used to mark the position of the map's origin inside the 3D Skybox. As your position changes relative to the maps origin it will be scaled and applied relative to the sky_camera.
Note that the keyvalue fogmaxdensity is missing from the fgd and will not appear in editor. If you wish to use this keyvalue it must be added manually by switching off SmartEdit and adding it as a new key with a value from 0 to 1.
- 3D Skybox scale
- This number determines how large objects in your skybox will seem relative to the map. Take a skybox scale of 16, an object 1 unit high in the skybox will seem to be 16 units high to player.
- Fog Enable
- Enable Fog in the Skybox by Default
- Fog Blend
- This will enable blending between two fog colors, based on the direction the player is looking. If the player's viewpoint is equal to the fogdir vector, the fog will be drawn with the secondary color; if facing in the complete opposite direction, the fog will be drawn with the primary color.
This can be used to approximate the aesthetic effect of diffuse light filtering through the fog, but since the fog effect color is changed for the entire rendered scene, it is best to keep the two colors relatively close to make the blending less obvious.
For example, sunlight with a yaw of 45 degrees and a pitch of -45 degrees could be enhanced using a fogdir of '-1 -1 1', a fogcolor of '120 110 100' and a fogcolor2 of '80 70 60'.
- Use Angles for Fog Dir
- Primary Fog Color
- The Primary Color of the Fog in the Skybox
- Secondary Fog Color
- The Secondary Color of the Fog in the Skybox that will be blended to
- Primary Fog Dir
- A vector (given by three space-separated numbers X Y Z) which points from the secondary fog color fogcolor2 towards the primary fog color fogcolor.
- Fog Start
- How far from the point-of-view the fog should start.
- Fog End
- How far from the point-of-view the view should be completely fogged.
- Fog Max Density
- Fog Max Density [0..1]. You have to disable SmartEdit and enter the "fogmaxdensity" key to use it
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.