This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
simple_physics_brush is a brush entity available in all Source games.
A simple physics brush with no unique properties. Brush entities converted by phys_convert are turned into this entity. Doesn't have any physics when spawned by other means.
Warning: This entity is not designed to be directly used in Hammer and will spawn suspended in mid-air. There is no known way to fix this outside of modifying the code and you would most likely be better off using a phys_convert on a func_brush.
@SolidClass base(Targetname, Parentname) = simple_physics_brush [ ]
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.