SFM/Recording multiplayer gameplay
You can record gameplay with multiple players, but only if each player's machine is on the same LAN, and only if each player's machine is currently running the SFM.
When you record gameplay with multiple players, all players connect to the machine of the host player, who is the player recording the action. The host player's machine acts as a server.
The host player loads the map. All players go into gameplay mode in the SFM to get into position. Then, the host player exits gameplay mode, starts the recording, and signals the other players when it's time to start the action. While the take is being recorded, the players can play as normal.
To record gameplay with multiple players:
- Make sure each player is connected to the same LAN.
- Make sure each player is currently running the SFM.
- Have the host player load the map.
- In the SFM, have each player (except the host player) bring up the console window by clicking Console on the Windows menu, or by pressing the open single-quotation mark (underneath the tilde ). Then, type connect SFM_host_machine, where SFM_host_machine is the name of the machine you want to use to record the take.
- Have everyone go into game mode and get into places for the take.
- Have the host player exit game mode and start the recording.
- Have the host player signal the rest of the players when it's time to start the action (after the final beep).
- When the take is finished, have the host player stop the recording.