Command-line startup options
You can launch the SFM directly from Steam, as you would any other game. If you like, when you launch the SFM, you can use certain command-line switches, such as for loading a specific session or for loading a file that specifies certain movie settings or render settings. To do this, in Steam, right-click Source Filmmaker, click Properties, click the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button, and use one or more of the following command-line switches:
- filePath is the complete path of the file
- sessionFile is the complete name of the session file, including the extension
- movieSettingsFile is the complete name of the movie settings file, including the extension
- renderSettingsFile is the complete name of the render settings file, including the extension
You can also use these switches in a command prompt or in a desktop shortcut.
Raising shadow map resolution
The default is 2048, possible values are powers of two: 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192.
- -sfm_noload -
- -sfm_autolayoff -
- -sfm_layoffframerange -
- -sfm_layoffshotrange -
- -sfm_layoffshotlist -
- -sfm_guardband -
- -sfm_resolution - Change the maximum resolution SFM can render. You can learn more about this launch option here.
- -sixense - Requires -mocap to be present to work
- -mocap - Makes some mocap features in SFM appear.
- -fakemocap -
- -nostartwizard - SFM no longer shows the "New session"/"Open recent session" window when it starts
- -nosteam - Launch SFM without Steam.
- -nop4 - Disables Perforce in SFM
- -noqtstylesheet - Disables all Qt stylesheets
- -qtresetsettings -
- -sfmscripting -
- -useqtport -
- -noqtpickers -
- -usevgui -
- -no3dviewport -
- -usecomiccreator -
- -vccon -
- -vccon2 -
- -qtvideo -
- -noassert -
- -particle_perf -
- -hushasserts -
- -vguimessages -