SDK Release Notes
The current SDK release has added these features:
- Added snow and rain sprite materials for func_precipitation entity.
- Added bonus snow world materials.
- Added qc_eyes.exe.
- Made various improvements and fixes to .FGD files. Full list of changes listed here.
- Added a new example character model, found under <Steam>\SteamApps\username\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\humans_sdk.
- Added new documentation on Creating Characters.
- Updated the Authoring Shaders document.
- Added more in-depth shader examples, including a postprocess shader. After installing the source code, look under src\sdkshaders and src\sdkshaders\advanced for the new shader code.
- Added qc eyes - a tool to generate the QC text necessary to get eyes working. The executable is called qc_eyes.exe.
- Added Motion Mapper - a tool to map animations across differently-proportioned skeletons. The executable is called motionmapper.exe.
- Added a document describing how to use Source Control to merge Valve code changes into your MOD easily.
These issues have been resolved:
- Fixed an issue in Vrad which was causing visible artifacts when lighting very large objects/areas.
- Fixed an issue in Studiomdl which was allowing bad $modelnames to be used.
- Fixed the "cordon" texture used by Hammer.
- Fixed problems with dedicated server and hl2mp MODs.
This SDK release includes Source tools (Hammer, Model Viewer, etc), source code for making Source Engine MODs, and work-in-progress documentation. These tools allow creation of Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life 2 maps, models, and materials. The source code allow creation of modifications for the Source Engine and/or Half-Life 2.
The previous SDK release contained these new features:
- Source code for Half-Life 2 multiplayer included. Run the 'Create a Mod' link in the SDK launcher to get it.
- Ability to create new shaders. See Authoring Shaders In Source for documentation.
- New tool (source code included) called DemoTool.exe, which shows the high-level structure of .dem files.
- Source code for Source Model Viewer included (in src\utils\hlmviewer).
- Source for Half-Life 2's airboat model included.
- Steam account names with ".." in them work in the tools.
- Fixed Face Poser flex sliders.
- Hammer limits framerate in 3D views to 300fps, to help customers with overheating problems.
Source SDK FAQ
The Source SDK FAQ contains information to help solve some common problems experienced by SDK users. Known Issues
- Some users have reported problems with Hammer not being configured correctly after installation. See relevant section of the Source SDK FAQ to fix this problem.
SDK Sample Content
Note: Some sample maps referred to in the documentation are not yet available. These maps will be available in future releases of the Source SDK.
See Using SDK Sample Content for current information of how to find and use the SDK content samples. Feedback
Please provide feedback on the Source SDK section of the VERC message board. Your feedback will help shape future revisions of the SDK.