SDK Beta Changelist
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 03:51, 17 January 2006 by JeffLane (01.16.06 SDK Beta Update)
- 1 Current Known Issues
- 2 Update Monday January 16th, 2006
- 3 Update Thursday January 5th, 2006
- 4 Update Tuesday December 6th, 2005
- 5 Update Wednesday November 22nd, 2005 (initial release)
Current Known Issues
Expert Compile Settings deleted after update
There is an issue with the Hammer Editor where Expert Compile mode settings are deleted after the update. To restore the default settings, follow this procedure:
- Delete the file
- Choose Refresh SDK Content from the Source SDK launcher window.
This issue will be addressed in another SDK Beta update.
"Steam validation rejected" Error
- Users may get this Steam error when loading a multiplayer map from Hammer. A fix for this issue is being developed. The current workaround is to start a local LAN server by adding
+sv_lan 1to the command-line when launching the game. Hammer users can find information about how to add this command-line parameter in this SDK FAQ article.
Issues on 64-bit systems
- There are some issues with running the Source SDK on the 64-bit version of Windows. A permanent fix for these issues is being developed. The current workaround is to run the SDK in 32-bit mode, as described in this SDK forum post.
Update Monday January 16th, 2006
- Fixed move_rope not having correct default value and empty choices list.
- Fixed sporadic crash creating move_rope entities.
- Fixed infinite error dialogs when entering invalid values into the arch creation dialog.
- Fixed rendering views after map was loaded and Hammer is not the active application.
- Fixed status bar showing incorrect length values if bounding box is invalid.
- Block tool starts new brush only if mouse was dragged, not on single click.
- Fixed navigation keys in vertex tool if no vertex is selected for nudging.
- Fixed 2D option "Default to 15 degree rotations", if disabled rotation doesnt snap.
- Fixed VGUI windows setting default arrow cursor if they lose focus.
- Fixed Hammer loading maps as start parameter, also parameters like "-dxlevel 81" work again.
- Added option for user-specified autosave directory to fix Hammer trying to save to read only media.
- Fixed parent visgroup incorrectly reflecting child's visibility.
- Fixed the progress bar coming up every time the SDK launcher is run.
- Redirected all URLs to point to developer.valvesoftware.com
- Removed the report of XBox data size for non-XBox compile tools.
- Fixed build_sample_shaders failing to find Steam.dll.
Update Thursday January 5th, 2006
- Added option "Use VGUI model browser" under Tools->Options->General.
- Fixed black model rendering under DX7.
- Updated cstrike.fgd to fix error models when placing Counter-strike player starts.
- Updated halflife2.fgd to fix incorrect model references on item_ammo_ar2 and item_ammo_ar2_large.
- Fixed model animations updating in 3D views if "Options->3D Views->Animate Models" is enabled (warning! perf hit). Models are also animated if the model tab in object properties is active.
- Fixed mouse disappearing in VGUI model browser.
- Fixed arrow key movment in 2D if scroll bars are disabled.
- Sprites are now browsed using the material browser.
- Fixed Block tool clearing selection on first 'ESC'.
- Fixed paste special pre-pending multiple copies of the unique prefix.
- Fixed 3D grid toggle button.
- Fixed shear tool corrupting lightmap UVs.
- Fixed texture shifts being reset after rotation or translation of a brush.
- Fixed faces disappearing after big shear/rotate operations.
- Fixed grid snapping and mouse position mapping when doing Shear transformations.
- Fixed flipping solids with subdivided displacement maps.
- Fixed transform tool also drawing translated 2D handles (center cross etc).
- Removed unused displacement map feature "Auto-Sudivide".
- Fixed problems selecting objects when switching between documents.
- Increased performance of Carve tool.
- Fixed Mod FGDs including FGDs from the /bin folder.
- Fixed deleting a custom configuration not actually deleting the config.
- Fixed several crash cases.
- Fixed loading old .RMF map files (existing visgroups will be discarded).
- Fixed the incorrect URL when choosing Help->Help Topics.
HLMV / Face Poser
- Fixed wireframe materials not showing up.
SDK Launcher / VConfig
- Default game configurations are only generated for applications which are subscribed to.
- Fixed tools not working when run by batch file.
Update Tuesday December 6th, 2005
- Fixed Options->3D Views back plane & model render distance not updating views instantly.
- Fixed displacement map flipping.
- Fixed rotation transform dialog rotating around the wrong axes.
- Fixed transformation angle being incorrectly reported in status bar when using rotation tool.
- Limited primitive sphere max faces to 16x16, to not exceed solid maxfaces.
- Fixed ghost selection box showing after block tool created brush.
- Fixed vertex tool edge handles snapping to grid.
- Fixed ghost selection box showing up after loading map.
- Fixed bug with CTRL-clicking on vertices in the vertex tool.
- Fixed SHIFT not working when in rotation tool.
- Fixed grid snapping: no snapping if ALT is down, 1 unit snapping if user grid is off. Otherwise it will snap to the user grid.
- Fixed stretched map overlays drawing incorrectly after the map is compiled.
- Restored original cycle selection behavior for 3D views.
- Fixed crash in vertex tool.
- Fixed scale origin in vertex tool not rendering or accepting mouse clicks.
- Fixed crash when closing texture tool with no document open.
- Fixed face vertices not rendering in 2D views when enabled.
- Fixed block tool creating blocks that were 1 unit smaller than the previous selection.
- Fixed selection tool picking only box corners as snap reference points, not edge centers.
- Fixed double clicks not being processed correctly by tools.
- Fixed 2D views drawing after autosave map was restored.
Update Wednesday November 22nd, 2005 (initial release)
Hammer Version 4.1 new features
- Added support for HDR map compiles in Normal and Expert build dialogs
- See HDR Lighting Basics for information on how to add HDR to maps.
- If you've previously added your own Expert build settings, you must delete your
sourcesdk/bin/CmdSeq.wcfile and Refresh SDK Content to get the new Expert build settings. Note: that this will delete and replace any previously saved Expert build settings!
- Added SDK support for DoD
- VGUI Model browser with substring filtering, 3D preview, and reference grid to indicate the size of the model. Camera controls are:
- left mouse: rotate
- right mouse: zoom
- middle mouse or SHIFT: translate
- Overhauled Autovisgroups
- Added many new Auto visgroups
- Created a separate tab for Autovisgroups in the Filter dialog
- Disallowed users changing Autovisgroup membership, deleting Autovisgroups, etc.
- Objects that are loaded in a hidden state without being in a user visgroup will throw an alert message and will be placed in a User visgroup named “_orphaned hidden”
- Objects hidden by a user created visgroup can no longer be made visible by the actions of the auto visgroup.
- Filter dialog is now resizable
- Paste Special Enhancements:
- "Make entity names unique" appends numbers to pasted entity names to ensure that the names are unique in the map. Doesn't change the name of entities with no name to begin with.
- "Add this prefix to entity names" adds a user-defined prefix to all pasted entities that have names.
- Both of these options fix up I/O connections and inter-entity references, and the options can be used independently of each other.
- Paste Special is now invoked with Ctrl-Shift-V.
- 2D and 3D View enhancements:
- 2D views are now rendered using the Source material system.
- Models are now rendered in the 2D views.
- Displacements are now rendered in the 2D views
- Added real-time preview of object transformations in all views. Old state of manipulated object is drawn as wireframe, new state as textured.
- 2D views now center on selected objects after view type switch
- Optimized 2D view rendering.
- Hammer now renders 2D and 3D views only on demand, not as fast as possible.
- Added new "Shaded Textured Polygons" 3D view mode to hammer.
- Hammer disables antialiasing by default
- New Autosave functionality:
- Autosave options are located in Tools->Options->General:
- Time between autosaves in minutes
- Amount of hard drive space to use for autosaves in megabytes
- Max number of autosaves per file
- On crash recovery, Hammer prompts user to load last saved file.
- Autosave options are located in Tools->Options->General:
- Added model fade preview, enabled via a new toolbar button. This does not support screen space fades yet—only distance fades.
- Added a button to radius keyvalues to get the current distance from the camera
- Added a button for Texture Lock While Scaling to the tool bar.
- Optimized speed of Paste & Clone operations.
- Overlay scale operation now supports texture lock off.
- Selection tool no longer toggles through objects when holding the left mouse button down, use PageUp/PageDown instead
- Check For Problems now reports Overlay problems, such as overlays with invalid face lists.
- Hammer now reports its Steam search paths in the Messages window on startup.
- Fixed "too many indices for index buffer" crash in complex maps
- Fixed crash when cloning an object that had only a number as name
- Fixed crash vertex manipulating solids with displacements + overlays.
- Fixed crash when splitting displacements using the clipper tool.
- Fixed crash when moving map overlays
- Fixed crash when using face picker for overlay faces
- Fixed crash on save after using the hollow command.
- Fixed a crash when failing to load some material headers.
- Fixed a crash in Hammer caused by minimizing it and maximizing it
- Fixed a crash when selecting brushes in Hammer.
- Fixed the morph tool deselecting brush entities after morphing.
- Fixed texture corruption problem caused by Alt-Tab.
- Fixed performance problems when Hammer and the Source engine were running simultaneously.
- Newly created game configurations now default to a texture scale of 0.25 instead of 1.0.
- Fixed bugs with initial texture coordinate generation for overlays
- Fixed right-click to create point entities not working in the 2D view.
- Fixed the eyedropper not resolving the picked entity in the Entity Outputs dialog.
- Can no longer have multiple instances of a map open in hammer. Fixes user confusion regarding which map is being edited causing data loss.
- Find/Replace dialog now allows you to change the inputs mid-search.
- Fixed entity spawnflags being wiped when selecting multiple entities of different classes
- Fixed Undo of a face attributes change putting the face in an indeterminate "selected but not" state.
- Fixed face attributes changes unnecessarily creating multiple undo stack events.
- Fixed 2D view scroll speed to be relative to current zoom
- Fixing vcd file browser using *.jpg as the file filter
- Fixed visgroup expanded/collapsed state being lost on visgroup changes
- Dragging a hidden child visgroup into its hidden parent ( to merge the visgroups ) no longer incorrectly shows the children after the merge
- Fixed auto visgroups not being assigned for objects belonging to groups.
- The current tab in Object Properties dialog no longer resets when switching between model entities and other point entities.
- Fixed material system state corruption after hitting Cancel when exiting Hammer with unsaved documents.
- Fixed hit testing bug which caused unexpected handle misses when resizing brushes, etc.
- Fixed the mouse cursor switching to the wrong cursor during resizing.
- Fixed performance problems with the Entity Properties dialog when selecting objects in large/complex maps.
- Fixed info_node_link node ID references being broken after a cut & paste.
- Fixed problems with selecting multiple objects and changing their properties
- Fixed objects becoming permanently hidden by deleting their visgroup while it is hidden
- Fixed creating an object while the autovisgroup it would belong to is hidden causing the autovisgroup and all of its members to become visible
- Fixed memory leaks
- Fixed incorrect bone count being displayed
- Fixed ranged flexcontrollers not displaying correctly
- Fixed eyes not always tracking the user
- Fixed ranged flexcontrollers not displaying correctly
- Fixed directory selection browser dropdown menu.