There is a Source SDK Beta available now.
- Particle Editor, Material Editor, and Commentary Editor are now included in the Source SDK
- Updated SDK source code for Orange Box mods
- Added example particle system files to SDK content
- Updated Linux binaries and makefiles for dedicated servers and server plugins
- The Faceposer phoneme editor now pops up a warning message when a phoneme cannot be saved
- Fixed crash in 'splitskybox.exe'
- SDK shaders have not yet been updated for Orange Box games
- New editors can be accessed by adding ‘-tools’ to the launch options for Orange Box games or mods utilizing the Orange Box engine
Getting the Source SDK Beta
To run this beta version you will need to add
-beta sdk to your command line when you start Steam. This can be done by opening up the Windows shortcut you use to launch Steam and adding
-beta sdk right after
Steam.exe. Please report any bugs or issue you find in this article.
Important: You should also disable Steam from running automatically when Windows starts, to prevent it from running the non-beta SDK. To disable Steam from running automatically:
- Open the Steam window.
- Choose Settings from the File menu.
- Click on the Interface tab.
- Uncheck the Run Steam when Windows starts option.
Note: Be sure to run the game you wish to edit before running the SDK, to make sure you have the latest updates.