Ricochet Level Creation/Configuring Hammer for Ricochet
From Valve Developer Community
- First, you need to download Valve Hammer Editor 3.4 (VHE) and. Install it and update hammer.exe file to version 3.5 because only version 3.5 can draw models in 3D view.
- Open SteamApps\ricochet.gcf in GCFScape. Extract ricochet\ricochet.wad into SteamApps\your account name\ricochet\ricochet folder, then extract ricochet\models\head.mdl, ricochet\models\pow_visual.mdl and ricochet\models\player\male\male.mdl into VHE\models\ricochet folder. Ricochet doesn't needs halflife.wad, so, you don't need to extract it.
- Launch Hammer. Open Tools - Options window.
- In Game Configurations tab, make new configuration with this settings:
- Game Data Files: Copy Ricochet.fgd into blank text file, save it as Ricochet.fgd and then use it as Game Data File in Hammer. Warning: Use Ricochet FGD in pair with Half-Life FGD, or you won't see most entities!
- Game Executable Directory: Steam folder\SteamApps\your account name\ricochet
- Mod Directory: Steam folder\SteamApps\your account name\ricochet\ricochet
- Game Directory: Steam folder\SteamApps\your account name\ricochet\valve
- Build Programs tab settings: Note:It is recommended to use Zoner's Half-Life Tools Custom Edition, but official compilers work normally with Ricochet.
- Game executable: Steam folder\SteamApps\your account name\ricochet\hl.exe
- CSG executable: VHE folder\tools\qcsg.exe
- BSP executable: VHE folder\tools\qbsp2.exe
- VIS executable: VHE folder\tools\vis.exe
- RAD executable: VHE folder\tools\qrad.exe
- Place compiled maps in this directory before running the game: Steam folder\SteamApps\your account name\ricochet\ricochet\maps
- In Textures tab add only Steam folder\SteamApps\your account name\ricochet\ricochet\ricochet.wad file.
Now click OK/Apply and restart Hammer.