Difference between revisions of "Retinal scanners"
m (Added the 'abstract mapping template' to the page)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 02:06, 15 September 2019
|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts - Help us develop the articles or ideas you want|
Ammunition | Animals & Creatures | Antlions | Beams & Lasers | Cables & Ropes | Clouds & Sky | Color Theory | Combat | Combine | Doors | Dust, Fog & Smoke | Elevators | Level Transitions | Environmental Lighting & Weather | Explosions | Fire | Foliage | Glass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lighting | Optimization | Physics | Retinal scanners | Sound & Music | Special effects | Terrain | Trains | Turrets | Water | Weapons | Zombie
The primary entities of a HL1 scanner are listed below. A complete tutorial (which is the source of the listed information) can be found here
- The player triggers (via a trigger_once) the whole sequence
- The barney walks over to the scanner performs his "retina" animation (scripted_sequence)
- The scanner model (a func_button) is activated so it flashes
- Some sounds (ambient_generic) are played to show that the scanner is operating
- The door (func_door) is triggered to open
- Dr. Kleiner walks over to the picture frame (a prop_dynamic parented to a func_rot_button) using a scripted sequence. As Kleiner plays his picture frame animation, the picture rotates into place.
- The button triggers a func_door to open up and reveal the scanner (a prop_dynamic)
- The scanner gets pushed out by an invisible func_door_rotating beneath it.
- Kleiner walks over to the scanner using another scripted sequence and starts his eyescanner animation.
- The prop_dynamic scanner model changes its appearance using a material_modify_control entity.
- Several ambient_generic entities play eyescanner sounds.
- After a period of time, a func_door is triggered to open, allowing the player to walk through.