Resetting Hammer preferences:ko
In rare cases, such as missing Hammer tools located off-screen after a resolution switch, you'll need to restore the Hammer options settings to the defaults. This is done by using RegEdit to delete the Hammer settings from the Windows Registry.
Warning: Improper use of RegEdit can corrupt the Windows Registry and render your operating system unusable. Be careful when using this tool.
To use RegEdit to reset Hammer preferences:
- Close the Hammer editor if it's currently running.
- From the Start Menu, choose Run... .
regeditand click OK.
- Scroll to the top of the tree list on the left.
- Expand the tree to
- Back up the current Hammer settings by right-clicking the
Hammerfolder icon and click Export.
- Type a filename (eg.
hammer_settings.reg) and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click the
Hammerfolder icon and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Close Regedit and launch Hammer and the settings will be reset.