Resetting Hammer preferences
In rare cases, such as missing Hammer tools located off-screen after a resolution switch, you'll need to restore the Hammer options settings to the defaults. This is done by using RegEdit or Reg to delete the Hammer settings from the Windows Registry.
To use Reg to reset Hammer preferences:
- Press Win+R, enter this command then:
reg delete HKCU\Software\Valve\Hammer /f
- Press Enter, The Hammer preferences should be reseted.
To use RegEdit to reset Hammer preferences:
- Close the Hammer editor if it's currently running.
- From the Start Menu, choose Run... .
regeditand click OK.
- Scroll to the top of the tree list on the left.
- Expand the tree to
- Back up the current Hammer settings by right-clicking the
Hammerfolder icon and click Export.
- Type a filename (eg.
hammer_settings.reg) and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click the
Hammerfolder icon and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Close Regedit and launch Hammer and the settings will be reset.