Releasing a Map
After going through a map's pre-publication evaluation, you can publish your map in many ways:
- When your map is all done, You can upload it at some useful websites, so that other people can download and play it.
- A list of file hosting websites is available here.
- On the other hand, if you do have a server of your own that you could store your BSP file on, you could use the sv_downloadurl commands.
For example, if you create a sub-domain on your website mymaps.example.com, then set the following command on your server:
This would tell clients connecting to your server to directly download the BSP file from that url, instead of directly downloading from the server.
- If you don't have a website and you want to let people download your map from your server, you will need to use the net_maxfilesize 95 command. It will allow clients connecting to your server to download large maps from your server. The max download file size is set to 95 because custom maps are HUGE!
- You may wish to contact news sites to publicize your map's release.
- If you've created the map for a game with Bonus Maps UI, then you may wish to package it into a BMZ for easy import.