From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 05:26, 18 February 2019 by CamBen
Generic Choreo vehicle used for scripted and complicated scenes and events.
- Starts locked
- Players cannot enter vehicle until it is unlocked.
- Vehicle Script File
- The vehicle script files contained in
scripts\vehicles\define the behaviour and handling of a vehicle. It is important to match the right script to the right entity/model:
jalopy.txt(New with Half-Life 2: Episode Two / Source 2007) /
- There is also
reference_vehicle.txt, which you can modify to make your own vehicle or use as-is.
sincar_pit.txt(Only in Sin Episodes)
- Scale of action input / framerate
- To do: How fast the vehicle turns/accelerates?
- How objects should collide with the prop. "Bounding box" means using QPhysics.
- Lighting Origin
- An info_lighting to specify a location to sample lighting from, instead of using this entity's origin.
- Disable Vertex lighting
- Disable Self-Shadowing with vertex lighting
- Ignore surface normal for computing vertex lighting
- Tweaks to the manner in which VRAD generates per-vertex lighting.
- Screen Space Fade
- The method by which the fading distance should be determined.
- Yes: fade "distance" is the size of the object on-screen, in pixels.
- No (default): fade distance is the distance from the camera, in units.
- Start Fade Dist/Pixels
- Normally: distance at which the prop starts to fade (<0 means use End Fade Dist).
- Screen Space Fade mode: width in pixels of the prop when it starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist/Pixels
- Normally: maximum distance at which the prop is visible (0 means don't fade out).
- Screen Space Fade mode: width in pixels of the prop when it finishes fading.
- Fade Scale
- If you specify so in worldspawn, or if the engine is running below DirectX7, props will fade out even if the fade distances above aren't specified. This value gives you some control over when this happens: numbers smaller than 1 cause the prop to fade out at further distances, and greater than 1 cause it to fade out at closer distances. Using 0 turns off the forced fade altogether.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
<float>(Only in Source 2013)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections (drawinfastreflection)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- Minimum DX Level (mindxlevel)
- The entity will not exist if the engine is running outside the given range of DirectX Versions. Replaced by SystemLevelChoice from Left 4 Dead onwards.
- Warning: If these are used, the object may break when the user switches their DirectX settings.
- Maximum DX Level (maxdxlevel)
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Origin (X Y Z) (origin)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Allow Physics Gun (gmod_allowphysgun)
<boolean>(Only in Garry's Mod)
- If set, players cannot use Physics Gun on this entity.
- Sandbox Tool Whitelist (gmod_allowtools)
<string>(Only in Garry's Mod)
- If set, only given tools can be used on this entity. You need to supply the tool class names, the names of the .lua files of those tools. This also includes the context menu properties!
- <studio> World model
- <boolean> Should the player ignore this vehicle's move parent when performing exit checks.
- <boolean> If set, the player won't collide against this vehicle when moving around.
- Turns the handbrake on/off, preventing the vehicle from driving but not disabling motion from external forces.
- Set the speed of the action animation. To do: What does this mean?
- Start engine and enable throttle.
- Stop engine, disable throttle, engage brakes.
- Prevent/allow the player from entering or exiting the vehicle.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Plays the vehicle's open animation and unlocks the vehicle for entry or exit.
- Plays the vehicle's close animation and locks the vehicle for entry or exit.
- Forces the activator (or player) into the vehicle.
- Forces the activator (or player) into the vehicle without enter/exit animations.
- Boots the activator (or player) out of the vehicle.
To Do: Add the rest of the output
- Player entered/exited the vehicle. (activator is the player)
- Player pressed the
- State of the
attack2buttons. Also called when the player exits the vehicle.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Fired when the vehicle is open enough to enter.
- Fired when the vehicle too closed to enter.