Difference between revisions of "Prop static"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
| ru = prop_static:ru}}
| ru = prop_static:ru}}
:''Not to be confused with the [[$staticprop]] QC
:''Not to be confused with the [[$staticprop]] QC .''
Revision as of 10:02, 22 January 2015
- Not to be confused with the $staticprop and allowstatic (Prop_data) QC commands.
prop_static is a internal point entity available in all Source games. It is used to cheaply add a model to the world. It cannot move, animate, or accept input, and in fact doesn't actually exist as an entity after the map has been compiled. The vast majority of models appearing in a typical map are prop_static.
- How the prop should interact with other objects.
- Screen Space Fade
- If enabled, the prop will fade out based on how many screen pixels it covers. The start and end fade distances come to represent the pixels that the prop covers at the start and end of its fade when this is enabled.
- Lighting Origin <targetname>
- An info_lighting from which to sample lighting (instead of the model's origin). Disables per-vertex lighting.
- Disable Vertex lighting
- Prop will be lit uniformly with a lighting value sampled from its origin. Enable this if the entity is not shadowed by another object.
- Disable Self-Shadowing with vertex lighting
- Prop will not cast shadows on itself when per-vertex lighting is calculated.
- Ignore surface normal for computing vertex lighting
- A surface normal defines the direction from which each polygon is brightest-lit, and how much light is received. You can ignore this setting most of the time.
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip: Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- Note: Disable shadows applies to lightmap shadows for prop_static, not RTTs.
- Start Fade Dist
- Distance at which the prop starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist
- Max fade distance at which the prop is visible.
- If start fade is <0, the prop will disappear instantly when end fade is hit.
- If end fade is <0, the prop won't disappear at all. (This is the default behaviour.)
- The values will scale appropriately if the prop is in a 3D Skybox.
- Fade Scale
- If you specify so in worldspawn, or if the engine is running below DirectX 8 (DX7 in Ep1), props will fade out even if the fade distances above aren't specified. This value gives you some control over when this happens: numbers smaller than 1 cause the prop to fade out at further distances, and greater than 1 cause it to fade out at closer distances. Using 0 turns off the forced fade altogether. See also the QC command $noforcedfade.
- Minimum DX Level
- The entity will not exist if the engine is running outside the given range of DirectX Versions. Replaced by SystemLevelChoice from Left 4 Dead onwards.
- Warning: If these are used, the object may break when the user switches their DirectX settings.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- targetname <target_source>
- The name that ship_base_interaction entities refer to this entity by.