From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 16:22, 16 July 2010 by ThaiGrocer (Initial creation of article: prop_mounted_machine_gun)
50 caliber mounted gun (+USE). The entity is available in Left 4 Dead 2.
- Default Animation (DefaultAnim)
- The animation this prop will play when not doing a random or forced animation.
- Randomly Animate (RandomAnimation)
- Makes the prop randomly select and play animations at intervals defined by the Min/Max Random Anim Time KVs. In between the random animations, it will revert to playing Default Animation.
- Min Random Anim Time (MinAnimTime)
- Minimum time between random animations.
- Max Random Anim Time (MaxAnimTime)
- Maximum time between random animations.
- Update children (updatechildren)
- Disable Bone Followers (DisableBoneFollowers)
<boolean>(New with Source 2009)
- Disables generation of
phys_bone_followers for each convex piece the model has in its collision model.
phys_bone_followers can quickly eat up the edict count, so this keyvalue can be very helpful in freeing resources. This will however make the collision model no longer function ([confirm] As in become non-solid?), and the model will not be able to ragdoll anymore.
- Hold Animation (HoldAnimation)
<boolean>(New with Alien Swarm)
- If set, the prop will not loop its animation, but hold the last frame.
- Animate Every Frame (AnimateEveryFrame)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Force this prop to animate every frame. Usually this doesn't need to be touched.
- Allow Physics Gun (gmod_allowphysgun)
<boolean>(Only in Garry's Mod)
- If set, players cannot use Physics Gun on this entity.
- Sandbox Tool Whitelist (gmod_allowtools)
<string>(Only in Garry's Mod)
- If set, only given tools can be used on this entity. You need to supply the tool class names, the names of the .lua files of those tools. This also includes the context menu properties!
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- <choices> Collisions.
Literal value Description 0 Not Solid 2 Use Bounding Box 6 Use VPhysics
64] : Use Hitboxes for Renderbox
256] : Start with collision disabled
16] : Break on Touch
32] : Break on Pressure
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Forces the prop to play the named animation.
- Changes the animation played when not in a random/forced sequence.
- Sets the framerate at which animations are played.
- Hides the prop through
Disableinput does the exact same thing.
- Shows the prop (by removing
Enableinput does the exact same thing.
- Tells the prop to no longer be solid.
- Tells the prop to become solid again.
<string>(New with Alien Swarm)
- Force the prop to play an animation unless the prop is already playing the animation. The parameter should be the name of the animation.
FadeAndKill(New with Portal 2)
- Fade out then remove this prop.
- Fired when the machine gun has spun up and is starting firing.
- Fired when the machine gun has stopped firing.
- Fired when an animation begins.
- Fired when an animation finishes.