From Valve Developer Community
prop_exploding_futbol_spawneris a point entity available in Portal 2.
Dispenser for exploding futbols. This entity is unused in the released game, so it's most likely a remainder of the beta.
Bug: Exploding futbols can't be picked up, so this dispenser is currently quite useless.
@PointClass base(Targetname, Parentname, Angles) studio("models/props/futbol_dispenser.mdl") = prop_exploding_futbol_spawner : "Dispenser for exploding futbols" [ StartWithFutbol(boolean) : "Start with Futbol" : "1" : "Set true if this spawner starts with a futbol in it. Set to false if this spawner's futbol will be maunally placed in the map." input ForceSpawn(void) : "Spawn a futbol." output OnFutbolSpawned(void) : "Fired whenever the futbol has been spawned." output OnFutbolGrabbed(void) : "Fired whenever the futbol has been grabbed the first time." output OnFutbolReleased(void) : "Fired whenever the futbol has been grabbed from or returned to this spawner (not when thrown)." output OnFutbolCaught(void) : "Fired whenever the futbol returned to this spawner." ]
- Weather or not the spawner starts with a futbol.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Render Mode (rendermode)
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255) (renderamt)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B) (rendercolor)
- Color tint.
- Disable Receiving Shadows (disablereceiveshadows)
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Render FX (renderfx)
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Sets the entity's transparency to a number from 0 (invisible) to 255 (fully visible). Requires the entity to have its Render Mode (rendermode) set to a number other than
- Sets an RGB color for the entity.
- Turn dynamic shadows off for this entity.
- Turn dynamic shadows on for this entity.
DisableReceivingFlashlight(New with Portal 2)
- This object will not receive light or shadows from projected textures.
EnableReceivingFlashlight(New with Portal 2)
- This object may receive light or shadows from projected textures.
- Fired whenever the futbol has been spawned.
- Fired whenever the futbol has been grabbed the first time.
- Fired whenever the futbol has been grabbed from or returned to this spawner (not when thrown).
- Fired whenever the futbol returned to this spawner.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.