Prop door rotating
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 19:03, 2 October 2006 by Dutchmega (Added to category)
An entity used to place a standard door in the world.
To make a pair of doors open and close together, give them the same targetname.
props_doors/door01_dynamic.mdlis not a valid rotating door prop. It is instead meant for use as an npc_furniture entity. See the door struggle at the end of d1_trainstation_03 for an example of its use.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
<float>(New with Team Fortress 2)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevent the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- <choices> Hardware Type
- <choices> Spawn Position
Literal Value Description 0 Closed 1 Open forward 2 Open back 3 Ajar (use Ajar Angles)
- <angle> If the door 'Spawn Position' is set to Ajar, these are the angles to spawn at, instead of being open or closed.
- <axis> Hinge Axis - Altering these values apparently has no effect. (Possible bug.)
- <float> The amount, in degrees, that the door should rotate when opened.
- <integer> The speed at which the door moves.
- <sound> Sound played when the door has finished opening. OnFullyOpen is triggered at this time.
- <sound> Sound played when the door has finished closing. OnFullyClosed is triggered at this time.
- <sound> Sound played when the door starts to move.
- <integer> Amount of time, in seconds, after the door has opened before it closes. If the value is set to -1, the door never closes itself.
- <integer> Amount of damage done to entities that block the movement of this door, per frame.
- <integer> 0 = Unbreakable // NEEDHELP: Doesn't look like this is hooked up anymore?
- <sound> Sound played when the player tries to open the door, and fails because it's locked.
- <sound> Sound played when the door is unlocked.
- <boolean> If set, this door will close no matter what. Useful for doors that have to close even if the player tries to block them with objects.
- <target_destination> The name of any doors that should be slaved to this door (i.e. should open when this one opens, and close when this one closes).
- <choices> Force the door to open only forwards or only backwards. Both directions is the standard door behavior.
Literal Value Description 0 Open Both Directions 1 Open Forward Only 2 Open Backward Only
- 1 : Starts Open
- 2048 : Starts locked
- 4096 : Door silent (No sound, and does not alert NPCs)
- 8192 : Use closes
- 16384 : Door silent to NPCS (Does not alert NPCs)
- 32768 : Ignore player +USE
- Changes the model's skin to the specified number.
- Set the model's body group.
- Control the model's cheap render-to-texture shadow.
- Uses an alternative method for telling which objects are in front of others. Use if this object draws incorrectly when seen through transparent things.
<float>(New with Team Fortress 2)
- Sets the model scaling factor
- Open the door, if it is not fully open.
- OpenAwayFrom <target_destination>
- Open the door away from the specified entity.
- Close the door, if it is not fully closed.
- Toggle the door between open and closed.
- Lock the door.
- Unlock the door.
- Set the distance (in degrees) between Open and Closed.
- Fired when this object catches fire.