Prop door rotating
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 22:59, 5 August 2006 by Ts2do (ep1 add)
An entity used to place a standard door in the world.
To make a pair of doors open and close together, give them the same targetname.
props_doors/door01_dynamic.mdlis not a valid rotating door prop. It is instead meant for use as an npc_furniture entity. See the door struggle at the end of d1_trainstation_03 for an example of its use.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections (drawinfastreflection)
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- <choices> Hardware Type
- <choices> Spawn Position
Literal Value Description 0 Closed 1 Open forward 2 Open back 3 Ajar (use Ajar Angles)
- <angle> If the door 'Spawn Position' is set to Ajar, these are the angles to spawn at, instead of being open or closed.
- <axis> Hinge Axis - Altering these values apparently has no effect. (Possible bug.)
- <float> The amount, in degrees, that the door should rotate when opened.
- <integer> The speed at which the door moves.
- <sound> Sound played when the door has finished opening. OnFullyOpen is triggered at this time.
- <sound> Sound played when the door has finished closing. OnFullyClosed is triggered at this time.
- <sound> Sound played when the door starts to move.
- <integer> Amount of time, in seconds, after the door has opened before it closes. If the value is set to -1, the door never closes itself.
- <integer> Amount of damage done to entities that block the movement of this door, per frame.
- <integer> 0 = Unbreakable // NEEDHELP: Doesn't look like this is hooked up anymore?
- <sound> Sound played when the player tries to open the door, and fails because it's locked.
- <sound> Sound played when the door is unlocked.
- <boolean> If set, this door will close no matter what. Useful for doors that have to close even if the player tries to block them with objects.
- <target_destination> The name of any doors that should be slaved to this door (i.e. should open when this one opens, and close when this one closes).
- <choices> Force the door to open only forwards or only backwards. Both directions is the standard door behavior.
Literal Value Description 0 Open Both Directions 1 Open Forward Only 2 Open Backward Only
- 1 : Starts Open
- 2048 : Starts locked
- 4096 : Door silent (No sound, and does not alert NPCs)
- 8192 : Use closes
- 16384 : Door silent to NPCS (Does not alert NPCs)
- 32768 : Ignore player +USE
- Changes the model's skin to the specified number.
- Set the model's body group.
- Uses an alternative method for telling which objects are in front of others. Use if this object draws incorrectly when seen through transparent things.
- Sets the model scale. Takes two values separated by a space. The first is the target model scale. The second value is the number of seconds the change in scale will be spread over. If there is no second value, the model will scale instantly. Warning: Negative or extremely high values can cause crashes!
- Turns off rendering of this entity in reflections when using
$reflectonlymarkedentitiesin water material.
- Turn on rendering of this entity in reflections when using
$reflectonlymarkedentitiesin water material.
- Add the EF_NODRAW flag to this entity. Some entities manage this on their own so be aware you can override that value.
- Remove the EF_NODRAW flag from this entity. Some entities manage this on their own so be aware you can override that value.
- Open the door, if it is not fully open.
- OpenAwayFrom <target_destination>
- Open the door away from the specified entity.
- Close the door, if it is not fully closed.
- Toggle the door between open and closed.
- Lock the door.
- Unlock the door.
- Set the distance (in degrees) between Open and Closed.
- Fired when this object catches fire.