This is a list of sites relating to programming, covering both general and HL2 specific topics.
- Tutorials of Rocket Commander - 10-Part Howto make 3D Games Tutorial.
- Directx C++ - Documentation for Unmanaged Directx.
- Directx Managed - Documentation for Managed Directx.
- Managed Directx Info - Includes various resources, tools, samples, code snippets for Managed Directx.
- Game Programming in C# - 11-part Video Tutorial for Game Programming from MSDN.
- Gamedev - Website with a lot of useful resources for game developers.
HL2 Coding - Has some good HL2 related coding tutorials and has great forums for coders to chat.-- Site has been down since april...
- MSDN - MSDN Half-Life Coding4fun.
- Mattie's Eventscripts - Great for gaining some minor coding experience, simple plugin addon for Source games.
Sample Source Code
- Quake Engine Source Code - Source code from old Quake (used by Half-Life too) and Doom games.
- Mech Commander 2 - Entire game and source code. Can serve as an example for learning programming.
- Plan of Attack Source Code - The entire source code (including art assets) for the Plan of Attack mod, free to use in other mods.