Difference between revisions of "Programming Sites"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
This is a list of sites relating to programming, covering both general and HL2 specific topics.
This is a list of sites relating to programming, covering both general and HL2specific topics.
Revision as of 05:30, 11 November 2017
This article may contain broken links. These broken links can still be accessed by visiting web.archive.org, and inserting the link into the field provided on that site, then selecting a year that provides the most information on that site.
This is a list of sites relating to programming, covering both general and HL2/Source SDK specific topics.
- Microsoft Developer Network
- Programmer's Heaven
- Tech books for free
- The Code Project
- Dev Articles
- Code Beach
- Dev Shed Forums
- Stack Overflow - a collaboratively edited question and answer site for programmers
- daniweb - IT Discussion Community - Software Programming with sample code and tutorials
- objectmix - Application Development Forum
- programmingtalk.com - a programming, coding, and design oriented community
- Bytes - IT / Dev Knowledge Shared
- Stanford University's course channel on YouTube
- Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (MIT) course channel on YouTube
- UC Berkeley course channel on YouTube
- University of New South Wales (UNSW) course channel on YouTube
- OpenGL.org - official site for OpenGL information
- NVIDIA Developer Zone - OpenGL, DirectX, PhysX, and CUDA resourses
- AMD Developer Central - Resources for GPU programming and development
- Intel Developer Center
- Rocket Commander Tutorials - 10-Part Howto make 3D Games Tutorial.
- Directx C++ - Documentation for Unmanaged Directx.
- Directx Managed - Documentation for Managed Directx.
- Managed Directx Info - Includes various resources, tools, samples, code snippets for Managed Directx.
- GameProgrammer.org - Resources on OpenGL and DirectX game programming
- Gamedev.net - Website with a lot of useful resources for game developers.
- oZone3D.Net - Tutorials and resources for OpenGL, DirectX and LUA programming
- DevMaster.net - General game development news and coding resouces
- Game Programming Wiki - programming tutorials and source code for a variety of languages and platforms
- Mattie's Eventscripts - Great for gaining some minor coding experience, simple plugin addon for Source games.
- Razvanadrian - Half Life 2 Coding -- REMOVED
- Detler's Site - Lots of Half-Life tutorials, especially on coding in Russian
- design3 Video Tutorials - Many Source videos, including ones on vehicle programming and scripting.
Sample Source Code
- Quake Engine Source Code - Source code from old Quake (used by Half-Life too) and Doom games.
- Mech Commander 2 - Entire game and source code. Can serve as an example for learning programming.
- Plan of Attack Source Code - The entire source code (including art assets) for the Plan of Attack mod, free to use in other mods.
- Full Half-Life SDK: Fileplanet (source code only) / Sourceforge / Gamefront (full / source code only)
- MSDN: Getting Started with Visual C++
- Stroustrup: C++
- Thinking in C++ (2nd Edition)
- CodeCogs - open source Numerical library in C/C++
- ITtoolbox C Languages Knowledge Base
- C++ for you
- CoderSource.net: C++ Programming Tutorials
- Xoax.net C++ Video Tutorials
- Wiki Books: C++ Programming
- An introduction to C, by Tom Torfs
- C++ In Action
- C++: A Dialog
- A Beginners C++